Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Which fuel hose is that Riley? wheres it connect to, i will get one.

The seal i put on was the one that goes under the leading edge of the bonnet, rest against the tops of the lights and slam panel, it was £38 even with 14% trade discount :eek:

On a happier note.......my Jetex panel filter arrived from smithy220 today so that also got fitted, and my upgrade Alpine 150 watt (20rms) custom fit rear speakers also arrived this afternoon so they are fitteed too, stereo sounds pretty decent now with all 4 Alpine speakers and Alpine head unit...........

and after a trip to my mates garage this afo, he gave me a packet of the little brass VW lock tumblers, so i could re tumble my drivers door lock, its been changed at some point cant think why :grin: , bit of a mission as i had to take the passenger one off to look at the "code" numbers on those tumblers, it took me about an hour in all but it all went smoothly, and now one key fits everything again :grin:

oh the joys of sunny days and the last 2 weeks off work, i have got loads done :clap:

and on a lighter note i also put these gauges in , i need a DDI dial kit now to match them :)

Gave the car a service!

* Oil & filter

* New spark plugs

* New dizzy cap

* Removed / cleaned / reoiled the JR panel filter

* White lithium greased the door/boot/bonnet hinges and the sunroof.

Pleased to note that since finally 'curing' my coolant leaks the car doesn't seem to have lost any coolant at all. Only interesting observation was that spark plug 1 was a complete sh!t to get out and when it did the threads were really oily... hopefully nothing to worry about!

Its the one on the right hand side of the fuel rail mate, connects to the fuel pressure switch 8)

Today i found out why my brakes were noisy :shock:

Drivers side:

pagidfastroadpads1.jpg

Passenger side!!!

pagidfastroadpads.jpg

Replaced them with pagid fast road pads which i like so far :D

Neil.

Today i started prepping my rear lights ready for tinting. Sanded off all the markings, just got to get some savage spray now.

Not bad considering i dont own a corrado yet :norty: :lol:

Broke in to it lol

Battery had gone flat after a month of not using it, But thanks to this forum i got in, thank you to ever gave the guide

Its the one on the right hand side of the fuel rail mate, connects to the fuel pressure switch 8)

Today i found out why my brakes were noisy :shock:

Drivers side:

pagidfastroadpads1.jpg

Passenger side!!!

pagidfastroadpads.jpg

Replaced them with pagid fast road pads which i like so far :D

Neil.

cheers neil........but i have already addressed that little fella! good job i did too the piddly jubilee clips were slack and soon as i touched it whilst doing the rocker cover fuel sprayed out :eek: not good as the manifold is below :roll:

Those brake pads look like they got some life left :grin: get ya to the shops at the end of the road and back :lol:

I looked removed my rear quarter cards from the vr, repaired the one the previous owner snapped ( :? ) with fibreglass and took them home ready to clean and condition. Moved my corrado parts store into the VR for a little while. Found some more missing scrws and clips and fitted them. Thought about towing it out of the hedge, then changed my mind.

Washed the valver when it got cooler. Meant to do it Saturday but went to the beach instead. :D

Spent some time degreasing and cleaning the arches and underside then moved on to replacing all the tatty looking hose clips with nice, shiny stainless ones

Put another 50miles on her. Only another 300ish till the charger and bottom end are run in :clap:

Put another 50miles on her. Only another 300ish till the charger and bottom end are run in :clap:

You got her back nice and quickly then?

Nearly 3 weeks. But since I just got the aa to dump her at RKE and threw the keys through the letter box in disgust they did a great job at turning her around.

New Crank, shells etc in the bottom end and the charger of to G-werks as I realised that I had done 35tho miles in 3 years. ( she really is a daily).

And a piper 285 cam to make up for all the names I called her on the way back from Stealth :nuts:

Just want to get it run in and try and find a vernier pully so I can get her set up properly cause TBh at the mo the cam is driving me nuts.

She is really lumpy at low revs and I am really being good and not taking her over 3tho rpm :help:

Am not too sure at the mo wether I like the cam but without giving her some stick I dont know :camp:

Nearly 3 weeks. But since I just got the aa to dump her at RKE and threw the keys through the letter box in disgust they did a great job at turning her around.

New Crank, shells etc in the bottom end and the charger of to G-werks as I realised that I had done 35tho miles in 3 years. ( she really is a daily).

And a piper 285 cam to make up for all the names I called her on the way back from Stealth :nuts:

Just want to get it run in and try and find a vernier pully so I can get her set up properly cause TBh at the mo the cam is driving me nuts.

She is really lumpy at low revs and I am really being good and not taking her over 3tho rpm :help:

Am not too sure at the mo wether I like the cam but without giving her some stick I dont know :camp:

Cool! Will be great when you do get a chance to wind her up a bit!

I put a deposit down on mine today.... :D It's gonna be a long old week waiting to go and pick it up.

:) Great work mate.

What did you buy then???

I put a deposit down on mine today.... :D It's gonna be a long old week waiting to go and pick it up.

Nice one, get the details up then, which one did you buy?????

He bought mine 8)

He bought mine 8)

Cool, looked like a well looked after clean example. I'm seriously thinking of getting a G over a VR now......never had a G before so i could do with going out in a mates or summat....see if i like it.

Spent most of saturday hacking a corrado to bits with a drill and a chissel, (it was allready in a scrap yard) very therapeutic following the recent issues i have had with mine, I had to remove the rear seat support rail as a mate of mine is fitting corrado seats in his mk1 cabby and didnt realise how well attached they are (loads of spot welds), also found a set of karmann badges on a renault megane cabby which i might make use of.

Hired a carpet cleaner and spent 5 hours doing the seats, carpets and mats in my car, considering i did the same last year the amount of crap that came out of them was unreal, i did get pics of what came out of them but i think they might be a bit too nasty to show on here.

Also fitted the audioscape door pods which have made a massive difference, much more than i expected, and fitted the rear strut brace, which meant modifying the amplifier mouning boards a bit.

Hired a carpet cleaner and spent 5 hours doing the seats, carpets and mats in my car, considering i did the same last year the amount of crap that came out of them was unreal, i did get pics of what came out of them but i think they might be a bit too nasty to show on here.

id like to see them as i need to clean a mk2 golf gti interior and would like to see how yours came out, you recon a carpet cleaner in the best thing to use?

Cool, looked like a well looked after clean example. I'm seriously thinking of getting a G over a VR now......never had a G before so i could do with going out in a mates or summat....see if i like it.

Yeah, it's a lovely car. Can't wait to pick it up! Already sorting out with our workshop getting the advisories from the last MOT sorted. Nothing major though. Just for piece of mind.

I've looked at VRs and they just ain't me. I'm much more of a G60 person. Something was just stopping me from getting a VR, but when I saw that G60 up I knew it was the car for me. And looking through the history since Dubby has had it she's looked after it really well. :D

I am pretty damn impressed with my G60 although when I saw a couple of the turbo'd and super charged VR's at the stealth rolling road meet all that power and the sound was tempting... but it will never be the same sounds as a G-Lader :D

I am pretty damn impressed with my G60 although when I saw a couple of the turbo'd and super charged VR's at the stealth rolling road meet all that power and the sound was tempting... but it will never be the same sounds as a G-Lader :D

Same here, Thought about a VR when the G broke. Took one for a test drive and decieded I wanted mine fixed as the vr just wasnt the same :grin: