Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

8d7f961d7721841e65e3062f08c2ae93.jpg

Finally put numberplates on it! Have got a pair of standard ones and a pair of dark ones, think I might get pulled with these on tho!

More a case of what I didn't do to my Corrado today. VWJay wanted to use his new buffer and all the doodoo juice, waxes and polishes known to man. The GNU came up a treat after a five hour session! Cheers J

e3cf7b6e3c9e8b4768f4f67c617dca63.jpg

J in his case buffing my old girl! Phnaaaar!

More a case of what I didn't do to my Corrado today. VWJay wanted to use his new buffer and all the doodoo juice, waxes and polishes known to man. The GNU came up a treat after a five hour session! Cheers J

e3cf7b6e3c9e8b4768f4f67c617dca63.jpg

J in his case buffing my old girl! Phnaaaar!

Cheers for the vino jez😃

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I think we'll all be queuing up outside - Subcool Buffing Parlour.

Funny!! Definitely up for doing few cars as a little side line😎

If you've got a dirty dream, trust VWJay to buff it clean!

Need to see a picture of the shiny girl?

Ah! I tucked her away as soon as I was back. She won't be out until the Sherborne show!

Stuck the dual borla on and had a tidy underneath. Nice scaffold pole hanging out the back now :lol: , but saying that, in the flesh it looks really quite good. Pics are misleading sometimes. Oh and the fan module arrived as I was tidying up so hopefully the cooling is finally sussed. Wish that Techtonics sealant stuff would bladdy hurry up and cure, bladdy tease. Not sure how long to leave it tbh.

Wire brushed and painted the G60 callipers, getting them ready for upgrading the valver.

Before:-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84184[/ATTACH]

After:-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84185[/ATTACH]

Wire brushed and painted the G60 callipers, getting them ready for upgrading the valver.

Before:-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84184[/ATTACH]

After:-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84185[/ATTACH]

I'd pop the pistons out before fitting them and check for peeling chrome and rust, the chrome plate and rust will score the seals and damage them over time. If the pistons are OK (unlikely) then I'd fit a new seal kit and bleed nipple.

These cars are a bugger to bleed, so I'd fit one side, bleed it until the pedal feels good with the engine running then fit the other side, that way if you have a soggy pedal you'll have an idea of which side is giving you a problem.

I'd pop the pistons out before fitting them and check for peeling chrome and rust, the chrome plate and rust will score the seals and damage them over time. If the pistons are OK (unlikely) then I'd fit a new seal kit and bleed nipple.

These cars are a bugger to bleed, so I'd fit one side, bleed it until the pedal feels good with the engine running then fit the other side, that way if you have a soggy pedal you'll have an idea of which side is giving you a problem.

Ta, will pass this info onto my mechanic as I won't be fitting them.

Ta, will pass this info onto my mechanic as I won't be fitting them.

Oh right, I'd ignore the above then, the post was meant for us hobby mechanics to try and prevent problems with bleeding (and premature failure) after fitting.

What paint did you use? In the past I've used hammerite but it chips easily

Oh right, I'd ignore the above then, the post was meant for us hobby mechanics to try and prevent problems with bleeding (and premature failure) after fitting.

What paint did you use? In the past I've used hammerite but it chips easily

I'm far too lazy for hobby mechanics, especially on the parts needed for stopping.

Used Halfords calliper paint. Goes on really thin so needs a few coats but seems ok.

In the last week I have gone from looking at a sticking rear caliper to removing most of the rear end, brakes, rear axel (gone for sand blasting and powder coating), fule tank and suspension just a case now of putting it back together time to spend some money.

In the last week I have gone from looking at a sticking rear caliper to removing most of the rear end, brakes, rear axel (gone for sand blasting and powder coating), fule tank and suspension just a case now of putting it back together time to spend some money.

Worth upgrading the rear callipers to those from a MK4 golf as less prone to sticking.

Yep looking at upgrading brakes, suspension, exhaust (any recommendations welcome) replacing axel bushes and under seal the whole area. Could be off the road for a while.

Yep looking at upgrading brakes, suspension, exhaust (any recommendations welcome) replacing axel bushes and under seal the whole area. Could be off the road for a while.

Recent exhaust thread should give you some ideas, I personally like the jetex resonated system fitted to mine. Suspension depends on what your looking for and how much you wish to spend but I like my AP's which some have recently bought at a good price.

Been reading through the exhaust and suspension theads almost to much info, as far as suspension looking to keep it comfy but would like to lower a little just for looks really. What are the ap like?

Been reading through the exhaust and suspension theads almost to much info, as far as suspension looking to keep it comfy but would like to lower a little just for looks really. What are the ap like?

Much less crashy that the cheapo coil overs I had fitted before, but still quite harsh.