Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83634[/ATTACH]

Went to Vanology in Corby today on a power test organised by the vwdrc Dean there rules awesome dude and after doing all the 2.0 16v oem upgrades it pushed 199.9bhp at the flywheel stoked but lost 80Bhp at the wheels (mmm interesting to find where thats disappearing to.

Good luck and enjoy. Stay away from the barriers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

One step forward 2 steps back. Took the battery out to treat the rust and start repainting that area. Pushed the car in the garage with the bonnet still up. ..

Ouch

That's only been on the car 3 months since being painted

Aghhh

[ATTACH]83650[/ATTACH]

:( That's the sort of thing i do.

Had my bonnet up and was jacking car up, was getting difficult and couldn't work out why, so looked up and the bonnet was stuck on the ceiling/up and over door :lol: Bent the bonnet stay and marked the paint.

Attempted to fit the soda blasted inlet manifold this morning, only to be defeated by a rounded hex bolt so couldn't get the old one off. I'll have to remove the slam panel to drill it out at some point, but couldn't be bothered today.

Put it all back together and gave it an apc wash then Tfr in preparation for a quick going over with the rotary polisher tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't rain on Thursday as I'll be applying the carpro cquartz to the bodywork, and dlux to the plastics.

Interior was done yesterday - hoovered, carpets cleaned with apc, leather cleaned and fed with furniture clinic stuff, and trim dressed with poorboys natural look trim dressing. Looks great in there, hopefully the outside looks nice after I've finished too. Engine bay is starting to look a little grubby again, but it has been almost 2 years since I did it and I've had to use it in all weathers the last few months. :rolleyes:

Booked it in for a new windscreen and seals, and then also for the brakes, clutch and steering bleeding, then. MOT time!

Had a little paint issue on the Rear Bumper of the VR so got busy with an aerosol and it looks great.

Just need to wet and dry it now to get rid of the masking tape line etc which is obviously where I'll F'k it up 😃

Will let you know how it goes.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Had a little paint issue on the Rear Bumper of the VR so got busy with an aerosol and it looks great.

Just need to wet and dry it now to get rid of the masking tape line etc which is obviously where I'll F'k it up

Will let you know how it goes.

I did a couple of areas a while back Kip, and provided the colour match on the paint is good and the areas are relatively small, it'll come up far better than you could imagine with a rattle can! Just be gentle with the wet sanding as the factory paint is obviously much thinner than than that applied by yourself. A good cutting compound then finishing polish will leave it looking brilliant!

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?79984-Seanl82-s-uuuuumm-Storm&p=979771&viewfull=1#post979771

Thanks Sean. Yeah it looks brilliant really. Just a shame the blending may cause a chock up lol.

Fingers crossed 😃

[ATTACH]83680[/ATTACH]

De-rusted, treated and painted the headlight mounting fixing clips. Hopefully I've got then the right way round

Fitted my new BBM RSR Outlet kit to replace my standard plastic outlet, much better and no escaping boost, which is nice! Took the car out for a drive across the moors and did a few photos :)

moor12_zpsopl1hhpu.jpg

Got new tyres fitted, Continentals finest. No lingwangs here

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

[ATTACH]83680[/ATTACH]

De-rusted, treated and painted the headlight mounting fixing clips. Hopefully I've got then the right way round

Need to do this too. What paint colour did you use?

[ATTACH]83820[/ATTACH]nothing special, just wire brushed the fixing clips, treated with kurust and sprayed with some chrome enamel paint I had in the garage.

Windscreen in, dropped off at garage and they now have a clutch pedal and they have moved it!