Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Same Jim, miss it like mad, been of the road since september, really gets you down. Thats sh it about it needing another re-build! Bloody things. After all that work though should be running amazing. with the fact theyve had it since January in mind, i might need to start thinking about cancelling mine and the misseseseses holiday to Leiden to MIVW. This years just been one disappointment after another. still, better the head went or gasket, now and i got it nice and early rather than half way across holland.

Fingers crossed for you mate!!!!!

Didn't realise yours had been off the road so long. Not good at all :(

Had bilstein b12's fitted and new spring caps on the rears, front drivers side brake line was corroded beyond repair so a new line gone in there too

Didn't realise yours had been off the road so long. Not good at all :(

I've sort of gotten used to not driving mine :lol:

Have decided thought that there is no point trying to keep it as a dry day only car, i'll just never use it.

Update on mine - been sent various comedy pictures this week of the guys 'working on my engine' (cue pictures of hammers, etc.. lol) but got sent a video of the old girl firing back into life today and sounding very nice and smooth :) Vince reckons it should be done by middle of next week all being well.

Very happy :)

Hope Vince won't mind me linking to the clip, which I've shoved onto YouTube:

Really glad you've got it sorted Jim. Hopefully this brings an end to your woes and you can finally start looking forward with the car. :thumbleft:

Fingers crossed. Was it just me or did the speedo jumped up to 8mph on startup?

Did notice that! Not overly concerned at this point!

Great news mate, look forward to the update with it back in good possession

Did notice that! Not overly concerned at this point!

I think the front wheels are still off the ground which would explain that

I think the front wheels are still off the ground which would explain that

I did wonder if it was in gear myself. My guess is there's a wire missing and it's next on the list of stuff to do..

New front o/s and n/s brake discs today, and a new set of plugs! Don't know why, but for some reason the front brake discs keep warping and braking at over 50 MPH results in a very strong steering wheel shudder. Don't suppose anyone can suggest a reason as to why this keeps happening? This is about my 3rd or 4th set in the past year.

Picked up some new wheels and stuck them in the garage for now until i sort out the pressure switch

New front o/s and n/s brake discs today, and a new set of plugs! Don't know why, but for some reason the front brake discs keep warping and braking at over 50 MPH results in a very strong steering wheel shudder. Don't suppose anyone can suggest a reason as to why this keeps happening? This is about my 3rd or 4th set in the past year.

What discs and pads are you using?

Car is finished :) Picking it up later this week :)

Sweet! :thumbleft:

I have no idea Jim. I just entrust the car to the garage and they get on with it to be honest! Are there any 'preferred' disc and pads i should let them know about?

Cheers!

Have you ever read about the warped disc myth on the internet?

Basically people saying the symptoms are caused by deposits on the discs.

I had it once and it was the only time i've used those discs with grooves in them (back in my corsa days)

Awesome news bro! I saw her when i dropped mine off on Saturday looking lovely i must add!!!!

Now hes got mine to contend with haha

I've just read about it here......

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/-warped-brake-disc-and-other-myths

Must say, it does make sense, but i doubt brake pad deposits on the discs could cause the kind of vibration i was getting - it was truly frightening. I could feel the steering wheel jumping up and down on the coloum!! But this was only ever one disc at a time, when it wasn't the offside, it was the near side and vice-versa! Up until about an hour ago, the discs that were on the Corrado were only on there about 4 months - 5 at the most, and of that time, i've had the vibration getting worse and worse over the last couple of months.

I'm totally mystified, but what can you do when you read something like what's in the above link? Hey ho... bite the bullet and get 'em changed!!

Appreciate your input Jim. Cheers!

RESULT!!!!

did Vince manage to sort everything out for you m8?

I can now say i've walked beneath Jims car

It's not exactly a show winner, that's for sure - so I hope you didn't get showered in rust as you walked beneath it :) I hope now though that the engine is sorted it'll rekindle some enthusiasm and a desire to spend some money on tarting up other aspects / elements on the old girl!

Any news on your motor?

I didn't really look that much, was only after coming back on here i realised it must have been your car.

I've got a 4-5week wait until i know about mine, might be a quick job for them, but i think i'd rather them strip it all and check everything else. I reckon something has blocked an oil jet.