Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Traverse, you should consider fitting the Philips Xtreme bulbs until you get your headlight wiring upgraded - I have them in now, and they make a big difference compared to the original bulbs, they are much brighter and 'bluer', to the extent that even though I have installed all of the relay wiring, I haven't felt it necessary to actually connect it to the headlight loom! :oops: *shamed into getting on with that today...* :lol:

Ta-da! Even though it was raining horizontally and I got soaked and chilled to the bone, this morning I hooked up the relay for the spots (did those first in case I'd made a mistake, can't really live without headlights but can lose spots without too much hassle!)...

Drove back from my brother's this evening (after helping him to cut out a piece of rusty coolant pipe on his Jetta and bridge the gap)

Jetta_Coolant_Fix.jpg[/attachment:3kly4cf8]

and boy, those spots are something else now! :D The standard spot bulbs now look about 4 times as bright as the Xtreme headlight bulbs on standard wiring 8)

Will probably do the headlights on Saturday when I have access to a heated garage! It has rained consistently every day I have tried to work on the C since Christmas. Why? Why must it rain? :roll: :lol:

Cool, don't know if I'll tackle it myself but good to know it's not a major task (I've got a G60). Where did you get the cylinder from - VW?

I got mine from "camberley auto factors" cost me 55+vat wasnt hard to do just messy.

Got it serviced and one of the rear bearings done- they couldn't get the other one undone, so they have to have the car back in a few days to drill the bolt out :?

Fitted a cold air feed through the deleted carbon canister hole:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCold Air Feed.JPG[/attachment:3bah0hsu]

And yes, that is drainpipe! Once installed, I turned the corner piece to face the front. It sits neatly inside the lower wing and has an O-ring so that the long pipe plus curved end can be pulled off to make it easy to take the airbox out. Seems to make a huge difference to throttle response on-boost, but not much on part-throttle.

Finished wiring up my upgraded headlight loom (but had no insulation tape handy, so it's a bit 'colourful'!)

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfHeadlight Loom.JPG[/attachment:3bah0hsu]

In two minds about the loss of dim sidelights, but the improvement in headlight and spots is awesome.

Replaced a fuel hose that was smelling in the cold mornings... and here's why! :shock:

Fuel Return Hose.JPG[/attachment:3bah0hsu]

The leaking fuel has cleaned all of the muck off the long fuel hose and the hose clips...

Thanks to Gray20V from the Audi Forum for the lend of his elite garage with built-in pit :wink: :thumb right:

ProdigalSon, does that hose say 45 / 92 on it?? If so it's done twice it's service life :shock:

Cazza - was it one of the rear carrier bolts they need to drill out? if so don't let them! - just buy some Irwin Bolt Grippers and take them down there, will take seconds and you'll probably save yourself some labour!

Steve, yes it was! Have a set of Irwin Bolt Grippers in the car, too! :mad: Just didn't think of it. Will tell them when I book it in next week :roll:

Thanks, mate- good call :)

I roughly positioned two solenoids in the engine bay and wondered what tap i will need for an injector...also wondered where the injector will go.

Mmmmm.

ProdigalSon, does that hose say 45 / 92 on it?? If so it's done twice it's service life :shock:

Er, yes, that would be about right :lol:

Gradually replacing all the original bits, one by one... soon will have a brand new car! :D 8)

Put a moustrap in the boot after discovering I had an unwanted tenant :shock: :(

Put my new steering wheel on and my new indicator stalk (shocked at how easy that was!) and also hid my bass remote in a rather cunning spot behind the ashtray. (i think i am the dogs for thinking of that :D but several people have probably already done it!)

Removed that BLOODY! plastic grill from the bottom of the bumper, and did some sanding while wondering what the hell im doing :lol:

Well i Totaly valeted my G60 today, fitted new wipers all round, had the exhaust adjusted and new powerflex hangers put on (but it still knocks a little bit on the over axle pipe :? )

Apart from that (as i have only owned it since monday :D ) i have just been enjoying the drive, it handles so well, it goes so well and it even looks like its going fast when its stationary!

Think im going to enjoy Corrado ownership 8)

Riley - is thats a PITA?

I have a new one to fit at some point...

Its just getting going thats a sod...mine was really tight!

Start at the bottom of the bumper wedging thin flat bladed screw drivers in and keep pulling it while moving along. :)

Neil.

Its just getting going thats a sod...mine was really tight!

Start at the bottom of the bumper wedging thin flat bladed screw drivers in and keep pulling it while moving along.

Yeah cheers mate - I actually did this the night before last - seems to be just a case of getting the right size screwdrivers as it was very well fixed in - new one went in ok tho!

Bought and put on new number plates to tidy her up, standard font, blue panel on the left with white VW symbol, blue border with 'Corrado VR6' in the middle at the bottom. Im quite happy for £29.99.

Tomorrow I hope to get under the car and fix the exhaust which a rubber hanger has gone on the center section the attempt to clean the engine bay as best I can, any advice on what I might have in the house that would work?? For some reason the Power Spray stuff by Flash popped into my head for the metal.......lol

Lee

halfords today? is that like the express version? :lol:

I found a 3.5mm allen to adjust the CO, and continued to wait for my ISV and CSV to arrive (tomorrow, fingers crossed!) and placed an order for an engine crane.

Oh, and printed out the wiring diags from Yan :D 8)

Made up new looms for the fog lights as according to VW they are part of the loom on an early car...................... But not on the late..

Then since I was in a wiring mood started to tidy up the wiring in the bay :o

OK, it's not my car, but today I drilled out the rivets holding the window mech in the passenger side of boost monkey's valver, diagnosed the motor was working but the wiring was beyond hope - more barn than an Amish community :shock:

Cut a whole load of nasty bodged wiring out (which was duff and stopping the window motors from working):

Bodged Relays.jpg[/attachment:12kh60co]

then with the monkey's help, I greased and reassembled the window mech, re-riveted it up, powered the motor to wind the window up fully, refitted the door card etc. Will return to sort out the loom another day.

A good day of electro-mechanical discovery without the worry of breaking my car :lol:

Got some more pics for your Project Plum thread bro, you have PM :wink:

I changed my front brake pads which for me is a monumental task, all in 4 hours to do, 30 min to change them and 3 1/2 hours to scratch my arse, smoke fags, drink coffee and asking questions on here.

Now that my suspension is all kosher, felt a bit warmer towards the car so treated it to a wash and vac :)

OK, it's not my car, but today I drilled out the rivets holding the window mech in the passenger side of boost monkey's valver, diagnosed the motor was working but the wiring was beyond hope - more barn than an Amish community :shock:

Cut a whole load of nasty bodged wiring out (which was duff and stopping the window motors from working):

Bodged Relays.jpg[/attachment:2a87wzwg]

then with the monkey's help, I greased and reassembled the window mech, re-riveted it up, powered the motor to wind the window up fully, refitted the door card etc. Will return to sort out the loom another day.

A good day of electro-mechanical discovery without the worry of breaking my car :lol:

Got some more pics for your Project Plum thread bro, you have PM :wink:

I also did this today, it was fun :D

I also topped up the PAS fluid, and took it for a hoon round the ring road. God this thing can handle... although I am used to a VW Boat, sorry, Jetta...