Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

cheers guys :D

well again not today but fitted my stainless decat pipe yesterday just gotta get some zorst paste to stop a little blow on the joint and will

do some pics but tested it and it pulls far better :D

Today I have mostly been stripping the spoiler mechanism in some vain hope of getting it to work! It's been working going up but blows the fuse on the way down then just stops. I've now managed to make it not work at all! The motor is working but I don't think I've got the cogs lined up right as there's no movement at all! BUGGER!! :censored:

Friday I finally fitted my new(ish) sunroof trim and got the headliner back in and C-pillar trims fitted after 2+ years!!! :clap:

Whole interior finally fitted :clap: :clap: :clap:

Started getting the car ready for an engine which goes in on Tuesday at Jabbasport :)

Fitted my Dutch License plates and was delighted to find that fully comp insurance only cost me 200 Euros :clap:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=58968

I smoked the top of my lights and also painted my calipers yellow in the last few weeks :)

Smoked lights

car019.jpg

You can just barely see the calipers in this shot. I wasn't sure about the yellow first, looked a bit multi-coloured, but after spraying the lights it looked much better.

calipers.jpg

Its getting there!! I need to lower her next, if I don't have to replace my clutch.

A wash and a wax ready for the Coventry Festival of Motoring next weekend :)

Today I have mostly been stripping the spoiler mechanism in some vain hope of getting it to work! It's been working going up but blows the fuse on the way down then just stops. I've now managed to make it not work at all! The motor is working but I don't think I've got the cogs lined up right as there's no movement at all! BUGGER!! :censored:

Had another go at sorting out my spoiler today and hey presto, it's working!! Didn't take too long either which was nice.

Also on the list of boxes ticked are adjusting my front suspension to even up the ride height now they've settled in, tightened up a few clips on bits of trim and replaced the number plate light bulbs! All small things but pleased they're done!

When things go well it's quite satisfying isn't it! Just wait for something major to happen now that I can't sort out!

Spent most of today arsing about with my drivers doorcard off working out how I'm gonna make my Audiocape pods solid in the door - Sorted! 8)

So hopefully tomorrow I can do the passenger side in much less time......there I've said it now :gag:

Im an idiot..... :lol:

Was trying to test the starter motor to see if that was the problem to it not starting....

went to it and tapped the terminal with a jump lead attached to the battery.. nothing

So i disconnected it from the circuit and tapped again, still nothing

SOOO i decided to rip it out... so i did. surprisingly easy i thought.... to take out such a integral component. :|

Would anyone like to see what i removed????????

Photo-0003.jpg[/attachment:3n8tszwx]

I got half way bk from the garage to home before i twigged.... id just removed the alternator :|

:brickwall:

i have ZERO idea what was going through my mind while i was trapping alternators instead of motors... its got a fly wheel for gods sake! :lol:

Sooo 2 hours of fiddling has produced no answers and at least 30mins of re-attaching alternators.....

Got a tow to Jabbasport today :D Havnt been in the car for 8months and dam i forgot how good it feels to drive a Corrado!!! (even though it has no engine in at the moment) :D

I got half way bk from the garage to home before i twigged.... id just removed the alternator :|

lol did you seriously do this, lol. least you know next time not to take out your starter motor to replace the alternator 8)

lol did you seriously do this, lol. least you know next time not to take out your starter motor to replace the alternator 8)[/quote:2g6hc6ik]

lol brain storm !!

lol did you seriously do this, lol. least you know next time not to take out your starter motor to replace the alternator 8)[/quote:2x5rg1br]

i know, im a foolish man.... :lol: i must have been asleep when i did it, i blame TV

Drove my car home from Jabbasport today...well happy with it they have worked wonders!!!

BIG BUMP FOR JABBASPORT :D

Serviced and replaced a headlight.

Royal Mail still hasnt delivered the rest of my stuff though. :mad2: :mad2:

So getting sorted for edition is gonna be hard.

not done out today but resived some items in post thay are d"badge grill..blue bulbs for clocks some bits from lamin x :clap: :clap:

about this tame of year i gat lots of seeds in my rado & it :censored: me of os i put some alu mesh over the heater intake .

the haynes manual for a mk2 golf shows a pollen filter set-uppassat climatronic wiring diags.pdfPhoto0070.jpg[/attachment:372l8wm1]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPhoto0073.jpg[/attachment:372l8wm1]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPhoto0074.jpg[/attachment:372l8wm1]

allso i put some lamin-X on the rear lights for daz some small air bubbles but they well settel

well fit in a day or 2Photo0072.jpg[/attachment:372l8wm1] :grin:

I drove it 120 miles home having impulse bought it on ebay!

There's no feeling like buying a car on impulse! :lol:

Went for a long drive in the rado with the missus today. Ended up driving about 180 miles - from leeds up to harrogate, then onto Ripon, then headed over the top (just north of) the yorkshire dales and around. Then finally back down the A65 through skipton back to leeds.

It was a fantastic drive, the rado didnt miss a beat and was a complete pleasure to drive especially around the windy roads. :D :D :D :clap: