Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Finally managed to get round to doing something to the beast today...

Fixed the bonnet - no longer pops up of it's own accord

Blackened the front grill and rubber trims - it's knocked years off the look of it...yes yes!

Cleaned the engine bay body panel parts - so most of the colour coded engine bay body work is once again colour coded...not black and grimey :)

Ordered some centre caps - this'll finish the car off nicely I reckon :D

Hooray for Corrado's :D

Run 3 sets of RCA's, 3 sets of speaker cable, 2 power cables only to find that once i lifted the rear seat everything had already been run by one of the previous owners lol so pulled that lot out.

-sticked some velcros to keep p/s floormatt in place

-replaced p/s window rollers (d/s will be done next week)

-did a central locking DIY by placing switches in door shelves 8) pics to follow

Fitted a blue lighter surround, suits the colours much better :D also fitted an extra lighter inside the passengers tray compartment (not that i smoke just find that its easier to have things running from there out of the way)

IMG_7818.JPG[/attachment:2qny51tw]

Went to DG for Graham to finished off the suspension job they started a few weeks ago :) Car is now running Bilstein B4 dampers and KW springs. It's raised the ride height a little now but it's a really nice drive - very comfortable, not too wobbly, not crashy.. just right. Great combination and not mega expensive either. Also a bit of peace of mind as we found the rear suspension wasn't assembled properly and was missing the odd nut and washer :( Now all reassembled in the correct sequence and with all the right nuts and bolts in place.

Thanks DG as always! :salute:

Ok not a Corrado but did the sunroof seal on my uncles Polo. What a pain the the $%#!

Took us 4 hours and my hand is guna hurt tomorrow :(

fitted some replacement h4 xenon hid bulbs, and fog light bulbs least said about these the better :censored: :censored: :brickwall: made a big difference but caused big problems with my electrics?? especially the MFA and cd player,needless to say i have now removed them :(

Washed, clay barred, washed, polished, glazed and waxed my car and then spent 5 minutes thinking where the fuck did Saturday go??? :eek:

I trundled along the M25 at 5mph and watched my mileage roll over the 100,000 mark :D

how long did it take on the m25 to roll from 99,999 lol :grin:

treated my baby to premuim wash and adjusted headlights

Not today but weekend was spent stripping two corrados and swapping interiors my standard grey for a full beige storm interior , cant say anything but over the moon just need to get my head around how to sort the heated bit

I trundled along the M25 at 5mph and watched my mileage roll over the 100,000 mark :D

how long did it take on the m25 to roll from 99,999 lol :grin:

treated my baby to premuim wash and adjusted headlights

At 5mph I'm guessing a good 12 minutes!

re-soldered one contact of the window control module.

finished the retrim of the back seat (after 1 year and a half ago, when I started :D). I left a screwdriver under the back seat, as a mistake. it'll stay there for a long time :lol: . well, I have an emergency screwdriver hidden in the car now :norty:

replaced rear p/s door card plastic clips

All the brakes have been re-done completely. Everything is new apart of the pedals.

Exhausts touched up so I don't need a new one now...£300 saved! Bonus.

And the underneath chassis has been welded as "someone" (and NOT me) made a hole in it putting the jack in the wrong place.

Think thats it.

Just spent over an hour trying to get the silencer box off. Finally got it off only to find out the bolt is too short for my new charger outlet!!! Now car-less until I can get a longer m8 bolt :(

Just spent over an hour trying to get the silencer box off. Finally got it off only to find out the bolt is too short for my new charger outlet!!! Now car-less until I can get a longer m8 bolt :(

If you've got one near, halfords or Wickes will do them.

If you've got one near, halfords or Wickes will do them.

Result! Have got all those shops but not within walking distance, however I managed to find one lying around the house, who needs a saddle on a bike anyway!!??

fitted bonnet windscreen washer jets pipes' clips. I had these held in place by zip ties, and got the clips out of a spare bonnet :D

Decided to put some new front brake disks and pads to the VR...Not managed to get very far, got defeated by the caliper carrier bolt. Its :censored: tight...

Gonna try again another day...

Started getting my C back to former glory today with the missus.

Got the new heater matrix in, took about three hours and so much easier than we thought it would be!!! just waiting for the new dash, then we'll get that in and all the electrics hooked up.

Tomorrow we're having a go at doing the front top mounts.

I fitted a new coil pack, HT leads, and engine plastics. Then fitted a new genuine VW cigarette lighter and plastic surround. Getting through the list of jobs I've set myself to do slowly. :D

Feels good getting these things done eh?!! lol

Needing a new windscreen, then need the front track rod ends doing (maybe get the front assembly checked while we're at it) then hopefully she'll get mot'd and I'll be enjoying my drive to work again, having to use the girlfriends astra at the moment!!!