jboyslick

R32 BACK AT LAST!

Conmpletely agree, town is hard work but on the open road its fantastic

I am having the throttle response 'de sensitised' again so hopefully that will help!

Conmpletely agree, town is hard work but on the open road its fantastic

I am having the throttle response 'de sensitised' again so hopefully that will help!

Yeah 'Hard Work' is how I have been describing it for town driving. I am even tempted to downgrade my engine mounts as I have solid ones now and I don't think they're helping with the jerky on-off throttle and are certainly the cause of the vibrations when coming off idle!

What the hell, do you guys do R32 swaps for fun over there? There is one R32 corrado in north america that is known of.

your right there my friend i think soon there will be more r32 corrados in the uk than 12v vr6's :lol:

If possible, you need to remap the throttle to be a 1:1 linear opening.

I think the aggressive throttle mapping works best with DSG as it marries up with the instantaneous gearchanges perfectly. Neil's MK5 (Pat McCrotch) has a Revo map and it drives absolutely c0ck on, but as you mentioned Rob, it's part of the whole MK5 Golf package! I always said if you take an engine out of it's natural environment and stick it in something else, it's never the same :D

Rob, your jerking when taking up drive is to do with your uprated mounts. The DM flywheel does the same job as a solid flywheel and sprung friction plate, but slightly 'sloppier'. DM clutches have solid friction discs and the sprung flywheel soaks up drivetrain shock instead.....plus they're a lot heavier than a 12V wheel, so you'll never get the same shifting refinement when installed in a Corrado with an 02A box! DM flywheels are prone to failure and expensive, so you're better off without it.

Try using a stock rear mount and MK2 TDI gearbox mount, that will take the edge off the jerking, so to speak :D

As for the MAF, they don't always shown on the fault codes. Unless you know exactly what gramms/sec they're SUPPOSED to flow and set rpm points, there's no way of telling if it's good or bad. Vince knows that info though and no doubt would have mentioned it.

Im gonna get this up to Vince when i get mine back next week.

Its going on a rolling road next wednesday down here in brissol but it seems the only place to really find out how its going is with Vince (he da' man) as they say!

the throttle is being re mapped but again this will be the 2nd time so i will have to see if its any better, otherwise i may have to start doing exercises to stregthen up my ankle!

Can anyone recommend a good tyre / alloy & brake setup for the car? its is lowered on b12 bilsteins and these have had less than 500 miles use.

Interested in some bbs co's or ck's in anthracite / graphite grey with some 330 brembos or similar

rgds James

Billy B12s, very nice, great setup :salute:

It would be rude not to do those justice with some AP Racing 4 pots :D

Depends what your budget is really. You can mix and match various and discs and Brembos and things or get a purpose made kit.

With any 4 pots, wheel choices become more limited due to clearance, but BBS are light and very well made, so a good choice of make if you can find some that clear the brakes - without spacing!

I was waiting for you to reply about my little moan Kev! :lol: I just got a PM off Leon about it as well :lol:

I'm not saying it's bad as like I said to Leon, the look of the engine in the bay, the exclusivity of it, the noise and performance more than make up for little niggles like over responsive throttle and vibrating etc etc.

Kev, I already have a standard rear mount but have VT front and gearbox mounts. I originally had the MK2 TDI gearbox mount on the VR and that never vibrated with just the VT front so I think I will go back to that setup and see if that helps a bit. The vibrating just makes it difficult as the engine is quiet when not revving high as you know so when on part throttle at low revs it vibrates and my interior all vibrates like a b*stard now so I can't hear the engine :lol: So I find I am putting my clutch in a LOT and then of course I pull it out and accidentally touch the throttle a bit too much and then the revs rise rapidly and I'm slipping the clutch! :brickwall: I'm getting used to it now though. My suspension isn't helping either, it's crashy as feck which isn't helping when you need to just breath on the throttle :roll:

Well car is back; at last!!!

Throttle re mapped and tuned up again. Made 273 bhp which isnt too bad.

Car is a lot more driveable yet still a bit difficult and noisy in heavy traffic!

Flat spot has near as dammit gone so im really pleased about that.

Have ordered some roof strips and new rubbers, pl;us have some new fk rears (all red) to fit.#

Existing tyres are going back and have some new ones on order to cope with the power going through the front wheels.

Battery re located to the boot so the engine can breath a bit more!

Hers 1 pic out in the snow but i will post up some more when the weather gets better.

rgds James

I had it fitted by the guy that did the re map for me, about 50 quid i think it cost.

I can put you onto him if you like?

rgds James

Might be a bit far for me to travel :lol: Some photos would be good though to show the set up. Oh and some healthy figures there with the car.

Hi James,

Pleased to see you got it back (again) and are happier this time. 273 not bad..... :lol: I'd be well pleased with that, n/a and almost instantly on.

I found the 24v lump in mine made town driving a pain, jerky etc - I think it may just be the nature of the beast, bet its a beaut on the open road.

I did have a very cheeky qustion to ask you actually, I missed the boat on getting tickets for a certain event in June..... I was going to fly back for it too. Any spares? Will pay of course.

Cheers.

Update at last!!

I finally have the car back after approximately a year of getting things done.

When i got the car back from the guy that did the conversion the bonnet cable had snapped so i had to get that sorted.

Whilst in the garage the air con leaked all over the floor; after further investigation the company that did the conversion (South West In Car Tech) had cross threaded the air con cables and this had in turn fooked not only the screw but the air con unit as well! Not a happy man as you can imagine.

Anyway, another 800 quid later the car (although dirty) is back on the road, air con working & battery relocated into the boot (pictures enclosed).

It is jolly hard work around town but on the open roads this car just seems to get faster and faster!

At the end of the day it is an old car with a modern engine, its never going to feel like a brand new golf but the feeling of having a corrado with this much power is just immense and its short falls are quickly forgiven when you have a chance to give it a blast! :D

New tyres & wheels are planned as are brakes when i can afford it!!

rgds James

Just has the car tinted at pro tint, trowbridge, the most subtle tint available to keep it looking standard as poss [ATTACH]68293[/ATTACH][ATTACH]68294[/ATTACH]

Hi mate, can I ask, what measurements of pipe you used between intake-maf-cda?

I have exactly the same setup and I need to get hold of the pipework to get it to fit!

Cheers

Well four years later the car is out of storage and on the road to being used again!

Edited by jboyslick

CHEERS GUYS, Its full of cobwebs and needs a good clean up, full service & a re map & will hopefully be back to her old self!

bac52fe29a9b21d05f4b2bb368e8bbf9.jpgda3c8ae1881917654c9f5dcca83ebaf0.jpg2455d1deb2de8561333a94f91537c4a0.jpg

Well she's fully taxed mot'd insured and good to go as a daily driver for a bit

Loads of paint work done whilst I was having it freshly sound proofed inside

Drives well few tweaks to be made but just gonna enjoy driving her for a bit now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk