Sign in to follow this  
borderair

stolen "storm" badge

Damn, those SLA machines are handy! Go into mass production and flood ebay, bring the prices down - that'll scupper the badge thieves!

randal

joebloggsvr69 - thanks for those pics they help no end, as its almost impossible to get correct detail from that photo i had.

At the moment I do not plan going into mass production of this badge as i have enough projects of my own at the moment. This was only intended to help my sisiter out and help cover the damaged paintwork on her car.

She will however have a storm badge worth far more than a complete car and if it gets stolen again another is only a buttom push away.

phatvr6 is spoiling for a fight again! :D

Guys....have you any idea how sad all this is? it's a poxy badge FFS.........

and a Stradivarius is only catgut and wood. :wink: :evil:

Pic of replica Storm badge in place. :D

Painting is a lot of fun. :x

You spray with black then add the red on the letters.

The red overlaps here and there - you paint black over them

The black overlaps you paint red over them - the red overlaps you paint black in again....... :mad: :mad: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Got there in the end.

Yes, I know you can see a bit overlapping if you put your nose 30 centimetres away from it!!!! :roll:

Thanks to coullstar and others for tips.

Clearly, some kind of masking will aid the red font painting. I last did art at school in about 1960 - am not in touch with any better modern techniques you lot probably got in primary school! :wink:

Sticky on 2 sides tape from Maplins is as good as original by the way - unless it dries out and badge falls off in a few months. :roll:

Will report back.

I have a couple of spares half finished - could be persuaded to complete them, but labour costs of hundreds of pound incurred so far will make price unrealistic. :D

phatvr6 is spoiling for a fight again! :D

Guys....have you any idea how sad all this is? it's a poxy badge FFS.........

and a Stradivarius is only catgut and wood. :wink: :evil:

Good retort...

I wouldn't mind just the 'S' part of the badge for my forthcoming supercharger install!

Good call mate....I'll investigate that....

Or buy a 'Supercharged' badge from Trimsport and just hack off and use the S as thats the same font again isnt it? :)

Yeah and you can get them in red or brushed silver.

I have a spare large red one, oh crap I mean supercharged badge, if you want it kev.

Wanted supercharged to go next to my 16v badge on the back of the car but the trimsport badges do not match OEM red. Going with a brushed satin supercharged instead, follows new VW badge styles - silver with red letter at end so looks kinda OEM.

I hardly think we're suggested that people go out and ROB these badges off peoples cars for heavens sake.

Cheers for the offers guys....I really must keep up to date with the threads.....

Basically what I want on the back of my car is "corrado sc" in exactly the same font if poss! I'll be moving the "Corrado" bit 2" to the left with stick tape (and thereby covering the blue lugs hopefully), leaving room for the SC....C can come from Corrado, and I suppose S can come from an early Sharan?