Sign in to follow this  
EDSTARVR6

Whats your max MPG? Challenge

I recently got 280 miles for £35, but that was ragging the car on the motorway though. Went up to 145 mph but never went below 80. Was 90 or 100 most of the time and the supercharger was engaged all the time.

Is that reasonable for that ragging?

Most I have had is 37 mpg (my own calc) as my MFA lies. On motorways, it does not like to go up at all.

i got 57.3 up to ikea the other week, it was motorway most off the way but raining so speed was down.

tdi's rock

I got 41.8 once in my G60. Was driving in heavy fog so I couldn't see sh!t. That was on the MFA though.

Listen to us....we've all got thirsty 90s Coupes and we're going on about fuel consumption like a bunch of old farts! Loving it :D

If the words trains, trees, hugging and buses come up in this thread...that's it, I'm off!

57.1 is my highest, that was with miss daisy in the back, and she was complaining about going too fast as well... we were chasing a train through the trees, whilst next to a bus with 2 passengers hugging each other on it... sorry kev :roll: couldnt stop myself.

what i meant to say was, knowing the mfa, it was probably more like 40 mpg actual... couldnt be arsed to work it out lol.

Listen to us....we've all got thirsty 90s Coupes and we're going on about fuel consumption like a bunch of old farts! Loving it :D

If the words trains, trees, hugging and buses come up in this thread...that's it, I'm off!

Out of interest, what kind of figures would one expect for a, similarly powered, more modern coupe?

Anybody?

I know the BMW 330Ci only manages 24mpg on average!

The 328i (comparable to VR6) can only muster about 28mpg....

Dunno on other ones...

If any of you VR6 owners are really worried, I will swag you my 8 Valver.

I can easily get 45 on my way to work and if im in granny mode can get late 50's on the MFA - now thats impressive !!!!

:D

I got just over 40mpg on my valver the other weekend - well so the MFA says. Was driving on single carriageway A-roads for about 1 1/2 hrs. Think I pretty much believe it, and I actually managed to get 399.6 miles out of my last tank of petrol with the MFA saying 33.5mpg overall which I was really impressed with.

Best tank I managed was 412 miles, then ran out 100 yards from the petrol station. :mad:

Anyone know the capacity of the early valver's tank off the top of their head?

The best I've managed was 49.2mpg whilst driving back 36miles A-roads from Uni. Took me bloody ages! Really boring too!

Best tank I managed was 412 miles, then ran out 100 yards from the petrol station. :mad:

Anyone know the capacity of the early valver's tank off the top of their head?

I'm pretty sure that it's 55litres/12 Gallons with the later ones being 70 litres/15 gallons.

Cheers,

Tom

TomB, yup... spot on... 8) (although the gallons reading is an approximation and not a very close one at that... ;) )

Highest ive ever had is 21.5

Lowest came last week in heavy traffic:

Image025.jpg

Image024.jpg

The dissy had advanced itself 15 degrees though, but its sorted now thank christ