Sign in to follow this  
WONGA

What Induction kit for 2.0 16v?

You dont get one as far as I am aware. Just get a k&n panel filter and drill the lower corner of the airbox on the wind side if you want some induction noise.

Yeah, the metering head is a bit of a pain. Like coullstar says, you can get a panel filter and drill the bottom of the box. Or do a cold air duct mod using some silver piping and kitchen sink plug hole and a circular drill bit saw.

K&N with drilled air box and cold air feed from front of the car is the set up I've done.

you can get a 'proper' induction kit but it's big money and I don't know who makes it....

Sorry thats not very helpful is it? :lol:

Stroeve make it- think it's well over £100. It's also in the engine bay, so you'll probably actually lose power.

As the others have said, drop in a K & N panel filter, drill the wingside of the airbox and/or put in a cold air feed. http://www.greenairfilters.com sell all sorts of universal feeds/ducting etc.

i looked into a pipercross one a while back, it was near £100 and i was advised of two things.

1: the filtration is crap.

2: someone on this forum said they lost 12bhp on the rollers with one.

drill, panel, sorted :D

Anyone got any pics on where i have to drill the airbox.Do i have to drill a few small holes or one big one for the cold air feed to fit into?

just take out the snorkel on the front and put your cold feed in there!

you dont wanna have to tape the holes back up when you dont like it anymore, and you can always put the snorkel back in,i havent bothered tho,

i`ve got k&n and no snorkel but i think i just believed it made a differnce in engine or sound really

If you're going to drill the air box then you want to do it on the left hand side (nearest the wing) and make sure you have a cold air feed going round to it... behind the grill on the left is a flat plastic panel. You can make a large circular hole in this and run the feed from there... I've seen this done and it seems to be very effective but unfortunately don't have any pics! As for drilling the holes - don't over do it start with a few and try it then add more until it's as you like it 8)

I'll do a search and see if I can find any pics for you...