Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Well I just bought a Golf...

Yep :D Good domain name I thought :)

Ah and cheers Dinkus.. probably no good to us then.. but thanks! :)

I rekon you could cancel it... pm me if you want my mates number

a few days searching... in your area....

Come on the national search for a good month atleast

Well i've been scouring for about 2 weeks properly, occasionally going national. If I was looking for a good Rado, i'd of considered going national but for christs sakes.. if I can't find a good Golf local then there has to be something up.

Anyway.. i'm not gonna cancel at this point. I'm gonna go see it. I think its a good deal for the money, provided its as the seller claims. If it stinks, i'll walk away from it. I'd rather have a blot on my feedback than be out £6000 worse off on a terrible car..

Yeah fair enough, if it's a young car will probably be fine if it's as the seller claims. I sold my 318is with 168k on the clock and still drove fine, spent nothing on it over 1 year, spent nearly 5k on my VR in 1 year and it had done 60k...

Jim,you have made a wise Buy

Try and get another for the same money.

Go and look at it,I would HPI it just to be sure as well.

its a wise buy and frugal too

Roy

and whilst someones mentioned halfife2 Ive just bought it on a 2 for 1 at pc world so fill your boots !

Ahh ok, it might not be what you want then and I've got no idea if it runs..

IIRC it's out of a '75 350SL...

75 350 Sl is a Mercedes V8.....not a daimler as in a V8 250

Congrats man, looks like a good deal. Like you say it's local, good feedback, and high mileage is nothing. I bought my first valver off Ebay for £2k and it was in pretty good nick (until it got rolled down a hill :-) ).

Enjoy!

Tom

According to the description "anything over 6k wins the car at the end of auction"...but there's no reserve and your winning bid is slightly short of that. Have you spoken to the guy? It'd be funny if he tried to get another tenner out of you!

Nice one Jim, bin wondering what you were doing for wheels now. Pix were a bit dark but looks great.

Now let me guess on the first mod - change the badge to 2.9? LOL

According to the description "anything over 6k wins the car at the end of auction"...but there's no reserve and your winning bid is slightly short of that. Have you spoken to the guy? It'd be funny if he tried to get another tenner out of you!

I'm hoping he understands the concept of eBay.. I spoke to em on the phone and am going over to see the car and leave deposit on Saturday afternoon. Obviously will keep y'all posted :)

Have since HPI checked it and its all come out as expected..

we all realise that a few months in a sensible car and youll be back i had an a4 with a 20v turbo engine and it bored the hell out of me!! a car that doesnt rattle (kev excluded) who could love such a beast!!

TDI can be either 130 or 115....DI denotes PD engines AFAIK....and I was normal TD.

I think CAIOSG60PWR knows for definite...

You calling me an anorak!! I've noooo idea, honest!! :-P

I did some more reading up last night and the engine sounds like a peach.. 210 lb/ft of torque and 53MPG!!! I'm gonna have a real go at seeing just how many miles I can get from one tank full :)

I did some more reading up last night and the engine sounds like a peach.. 210 lb/ft of torque and 53MPG!!! I'm gonna have a real go at seeing just how many miles I can get from one tank full

aaaaaahhhh....thats how you get some fun out of a tdi golf! :thumbleft:

Sure it'll be more fun than an 8v Corrado ;) :D

Na seriously, I know it won't be rapid but all I ever hear are great things about these TDI PD engines.. just a bonus that they are so economical as well I guess! Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about! :)

Aye.. I could have bought another Saxo.. sheesh, won't let that happen again!

This was my old Saxo.. only mods were Pioneer P7400MP and a Clifford Concept 300.. no chavviness in sight! Other than the car itself of course ;)

mysaxo2.jpg

Wow - missed this yesterday!

6k is alot to spend on a car you've not looked at Jim!! - but then again all my eBay purchases have worked out ok, just never spent quite that amount of money!

Yeah engine will be fine as long as its been looked after and serviced when it should, bear in mind tho that at 100k the suspension / bushes will be fairly tired if its all original still....

Good luck this afternoon Jim, make sure you take someone with you to look over it also, always helps to have another person however knowledgable you are...