Sign in to follow this  
GB_SEAN

VR6 Prices

Is it me or are the prices for these cars fallen dramatically over the last month !!! £2100 for a VR6 on autotrader at present!

I am considering selling mine but can't afford to sell it for less than 4k with all the work thats been done on it.

It seems to be a combination of time of year, the prices of other C's on the 'trader and pot-luck.

Some months seem to VRs for £5k+ only, other months they're all £3k-£4k.

Wonder what price a well kept Corrado will be making in 10yrs time. Not just VR6's, but any Corrado.

My guess is about the same price as they make today taking inflation into consideration.

Corrados are at a bit of an interesting time at the moment. Their value has stayed pretty static over the last year or two because they're starting to get classic status.

I think they'll stay a similar price for quite a while yet because they're all getting to that age where stuff needs a full overhaul. Once they go past that stage and everything has been replaced it'll be interesting to see the effect on values.

There won't be the financial cost of replacing stuff, but parts will continue to get rarer and the numbers of them will as well. I reckon their price will only go up...

GB Sean, that was the predicament I faced but after receiving some really nice comments and several enquiries about my car at Inters, I've decided to keep her. It's worth more to me as 2 years investment than £4-£5K in my pocket.....and that's the crux of it, we know how much money and effort it requires keeping these things looking and driving well, so I won't be letting no chav have it for stupid price.

And agreed, that £2195 VR6 isn't even worth looking at.

VRs that you'd want to own yourself, now that you know them, are easily up in the £6K bracket.

You're right about parts becomming rarer Dinkus, but we might be suprised in years to come regarding their availability.

How hard is it to get parts for Sciroccos and other old VW's direct from VW?

Should be a good indicator of how hard or easy it will be for Corrado owners.

Sure some interior parts are obsolete (mostly all on the passenger side) but don't forget all the mechanicals are Golf based.

VW have no interest in keeping spares available for Corrados. Plus there's the fact that Corrado owners seem to be very picky about trim. VW will have procured enough stock for

(predicted failure rate) * (number of cars sold)

Since the number of cars was very low, that's not a lot of spare parts to go around when everyone wants a new rear Corrado badge. VW will have only retained enough stock to support the rear-end-shunt brigade, there's no way they would have predicted that in 10 years time 90% of corrado owners would be wanting a new badge!

belfastfumanchu, don't forget though that there were more 'roccos and other VWs made than Corrados... comparatively, there's very few Corrados compared with any other VW... :|

Where there's a will theres a way as they say. Always new bits and pieces available anyway.

Angel eye headlights for example - a pretty new addition for Corrados.

I think there's always been cheap VR6's avalible it just depends upon the condition of the car in question. Bought mine 2 years ago for just over 3k which was about right for age condition etc, now when i come too sell it even though i have spent a good 7/8k on it since then, doubt i will ask anymore then 4k for it.

Was looking at the stall with the angel eyes at inters yesterday, pity there show car was a Polo sporting its versions of the angel eyes all condensated up and looking piss poor, hope the corrado ones arent of that quality for the 240quid they were asking. Saying that if i keep my corrado and they lower the price i would like some but they need to bring out some fogs/indicators too match.

Car was looking sweet yesterday kev :)

Car was looking sweet yesterday kev :)

Cheers mate. It's amazing what a bit of Swissol and some nice rims can do :wink:

Haven't seen you for ages.... you'll have to update on me on any new developments on your C!

Yeah I think it's got to the point whereby the bad ones are starting to drop into the £2k-£2k territory (not saying that all ones in this price brakcet are dogs though).

But as they're becoming more appreciated, they are appreciating more....the top spec minty ones are fetching good £7k+ money.

Got any updated pics Kev? Would be nice to see what you've been doing with her lately (the car, not the missus ;))

Well, it looks like I may sell mine while the going is good and it has so much new stuff fitted in the engine bay as well as brakes and bearings and abs rings etc...

If I buy another one I will be when I have the money to buy a storm with cream leather. I seem to have lost my appreciation a little so think I may try something else for a while.. (another VW of sorts)

Yeah, spotted your VR on ebay mate. Looks clean under the bonnet!

You'll probably get better money on the 'trader than ebay though. Everyone's out for a bargain on ebay..