Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Dragster

arggghh..... i gotta problem.

i think i need some different rims.....they fill the arches nicely with the wrong tyres on ((how i bought them))....but with the right tyres they look too small.

ive just had the front tyres changed and now i have a dragster. Like i said...the wheel looks better on the front but it doesnt look right on the car.

bloody nightmare!.....any decent swap from mk1 gti owners?

the front look ok to me , the rear look like tractor tyres , i reckon you should live with it for a while, you're just used to seeing it the way it was

195/45/15's.....Goodyear F1s.....

the front look ok to me , the rear look like tractor tyres , i reckon you should live with it for a while, you're just used to seeing it the way it was

you are right..ill give it a while.....theyre already growing on me.

cheers guys :D

Well, you've gone from 205/50 to 195/45 so I'm not surprised there's a difference! :lol: Your speedo will be over-reading too now, as your front wheels will be smaller rolling radius than the original VW size...

as your front wheels will be smaller rolling radius than the original VW size...

which is????

I have a feeling its 195/45/15 on the valvers?

if thats true then mine should be right?

Aye, if I'm right then your front wheels are right, but that all depends on me being right. Which I might not be.

How about doing a Search?

oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

cos it can take ages to look through endless threads that dont have the exact info you're looking for :wink:

That's confirmed what I suspected might happen..... saw some 215x40x15 Dunlop SP9000s at inters for £60 a corner which I nearly bought, but I think they would look too small and feck up the final drive ratio!

Ach, just bite the bullet and get some 195/45s for the back too, then drop the suspension a bit more, et voila: full-on Euro-Rado! 8)

Weeeelll, it don't matter cos you're gonna be bidding on them Borbet As in Deutschland soon, aren't you...? Only 7hrs to go though... ;)

yep..im watching mate...had a couple of emails from the guy selling them too... he reckons about £70 for postage...not bad.....but we'll have to see...they've gone up in price today...i ain't gonna pay more than £300 all in so......fingers crossed :thumbleft: