Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Lowering

yo hi guys i seriously need some help: i want to lower my car its on 17's at the moment and i needs to be dropped

i dont have much money and want to it look good and handle better than standard at least and im not sure abt well arch rub

i wanna do it 40mm with the lowering spring kits available

which kits r the best and what results can be found at minimum costs

all help in this topic will be appreciated

coilover kit will have to come early next year unfortunately but need something for the time being

when i had the 40mm drop i had the rear arches rolled and trimmed a little plastic off the inside front arches.

That was the viper tech kit,sold by venom. Had a good stance and the ride was really good.

i sold the kit to Mike16V hes impressed with it.

well if you don't have much money the best thing to do is just wait til you can afford the coil-overs......otherwise you'll just be spending the money now needlessly

30mm springs (Eibach or H&R) are a cost effective way (£100-£150) of improving the stance (and handling), while not being so extreme as to require uprated shocks (some may disagree tho...). Won't cause any arch fouling either.

cheers guys keep em coming

going outside to see measure if 30mm would look good....will be back

I agree with vr6storm, I would wait for the coilovers if I were you. I had a cheap lowering kit on mine (Bilstein streetline kit). The ride was, well, choppy and harsh to say the least. I bought some FK coilovers to replace them, and wow the difference in ride quality is night and day. You can get the Konigsports (height and damping adjustable) for about £500 if you haggle a bit and know where to try...

HTH

Cheers

Mark

cheers dude so i think i will wait than...but hey if u guys ever see me around dont take the pi55 coz u could fit a punto under my arches LOL

why do you fit twin exhausts then we could use you car as a wheel barrow too.. :lol: :lol:

wicked, chop choppy the roof too

darren u make comments like that i will end up leaving the car round urs lol lol

:lol: :lol:

u could fit a punto under my arches LOL

:lol: Yeah tell me about it - Check out mine when it had the standard suspension on. :lol:

i'm running 17" momos with apex sport 35mm springs and have no problems at all,I used h&r springs for a while but found them very firm especially where i live all sheep and tractors!! roads are pants ,but have nothing but praise for the apex springs ,looks nice and low with superb comfort level,

Save your money fit the Konis, cruise low and keep all your teeth in place with the superior ride quality. Been here tried all the spring shock options and nothing comes close to Koni ride height kit.

how much is konis all in fitted and ready to go from yourself john. student discount needed :lol:

I agree with vr6storm, I would wait for the coilovers if I were you. I had a cheap lowering kit on mine (Bilstein streetline kit). The ride was, well, choppy and harsh to say the least. I bought some FK coilovers to replace them, and wow the difference in ride quality is night and day. You can get the Konigsports (height and damping adjustable) for about £500 if you haggle a bit and know where to try...

HTH

Cheers

Mark

Go for the above mate very good value for money they are koni struts anyway but around £150 cheaper as they use a slightly differn't spring....very good though

Aaight, happy to quote for fitting ride height kit inclusive of camber and alignment re-adjustment post fitting. I would be happier to conduct this conversation over the phone, you've got my details give me a call this evening. Look forward to hearing from you later.

not gonna ring u just yet mate till if done my research and know what i want and the most important thing GOT THE MONEY. Until than im not gonna start bugging

The 15" wheels and standard suspension - provided it's in good condition - will probably give you the best mix of ride and handling for road use.

All my C's are lower and stiffer than standard with the result that the ride is quite a bit worse than standard.

the handling is only better if you drive at NSL+.

Hence, best used on trackdays.

If you want to lower it for cosmetic reasons without messing up the ride and handling too much, go for H&R springs (25-40mm drop depending on model) with Koni top adjustable dampers.

Unless you get lucky and source some little used examples for a good price, budget around £500.

If you don't have this kind of wonga, just fit new dampers, top-mounts and bumpstops with the original springs and find out how the C was meant to handle. :D

The 15" wheels and standard suspension - provided it's in good condition - will probably give you the best mix of ride and handling for road use.

Spot-on Mike. The Corrado is an excellent handler out of the box.

If you want to lower it for cosmetic reasons without messing up the ride and handling too much, go for H&R springs (25-40mm drop depending on model) with Koni top adjustable dampers.

Absolutley. The best setup by far for everyday useability and handling on demand. H&R 'sport' or 'OE Sport' are not your regular bone shakers.

I'm getting 4 x Koni TAs fitted in August along with new wishbone bushes. The stock springs are staying put as they are spot on in my opinion and I value the ground clearance and suspension travel.

Kev

Sounds like just the setup I'm looking for. I've found the H&R Sport springs for around $180. What do the Koni dampers run? Any recommendations on where to purchase them? Also, are there other terms for dampers? I'm sort of new to this. Cheers guys.