Sign in to follow this  
rado-steve

Need Name of Place selling German Style Plates at inters???

Hi All,

Can anyone remember the name of the Stall that was doing German Style Plates while you wait at inters this year???????

It was towards the end of the traders, near the Car Displays???

Its funny this thread should come up today because I saw these german plates for the first time last night on a v.tidy Mk3 GTi in Leeds. I have to say the plates looked great and- well worth the money 8)

corradowales, Iiiiiiinnnnnn onnnnneeee..... [/bullseye]

sorry... I meant that Corradowales got it right, it was Dubweiser who were selling them... 8)

I got mine from Dubmeister, and did have to wait aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages for them but they now have their own pressing machine (as seen at Inters) so that should be a thing of the past...

As for quality issues, I'm happy enough with mine, but if the ones from http://www.germanplates.com are less money for the same/better quality, then you'd be daft not to go for theirs!

YPYM, YTYC! :)

german plates also have wicked customer service and also send u a preview of your plates next day,,,which is quite pointless but a nice touch

Does anyone here actually have German Style plates on their car whilst it's on the road? Anyone ever been picked up for it? I know the font etc won't be right for the UK, but they'll still be very readable and the right colour etc.

Also, it it possible to get UK style plates but in pressed metal in the yellow and white? So like the German ones, but with the Euro GB symbol and in the UK legal font?

i`ve had german lates from dubmeister for about a year, no probs so far (touch wood) and passed its mot with them on.

kerrinmay, when my dad owned my car he had pressed british one, got them from a place called Circk industries (i thinK)

i`ll find a pic now!

i`ve had german lates from dubmeister for about a year, no probs so far (touch wood) and passed its mot with them on.

kerrinmay, when my dad owned my car he had pressed british one, got them from a place called Circk industries (i thinK)

i`ll find a pic now!

Encouraging to hear that you had no problems getting through an MOT with them on. I'd be quite tempted to go for them, but would rather have a GB on them rather than the D. At least that way they are more GB orientated.

Cheers for the info on the British ones. I'll see if I can find some info on the company.

yeah i`d prefer GB on them too as it prob be a hassle if you went abroad

but there sound for now, until i get told to take them off (not easy as i used sikaflex instead of silicone by mistake) :oops:

is there anywhere i can get a smaller than std german plate from?

Yes, me!

If there is anything 'Specific' ie even not legal i can issue it as a 'Show Plate' and you are advised only to use it in that capacity but we all have plates at some time that as slightly adrift from the letter of the law!

When you say 'German' plates are you on about the pressed metal ones or just the D logo on the side of the plate?

Chris

I've been running German plates (with "D" symbol) for a few months now and not been pulled for them despite being followed by police cars on numerous occasions... Though it's probably because I'm still running standard spacing, no hyphenation, and a yellow plate on the back... I'm sure it'll change once I go for the full-on German style with plaketten and a hyphen!