Sign in to follow this  
ashvdub

raddo car bra's

the lumps are there to try and catch stones, to stop them hitting the windscreen.

These are not a common sight int the UK, we've got one on the lupo, and people actually stop in the street, point, stare and laugh. and we got contantly questioned about what that "thing on the bonnet" is.....so be prepared for it if you do buy one........

I have a mate who has just moved to holland, and also spends every other weekend in Germany. He also just bought a left hooker 95 dragon green vr in munic yesturday! I've put him on the case for these.

Also, said he will seak out the best aftermarket places over there and send me back some brochures etc. Hes a vw nut so this will be a star contact point! Especially as he drives back once every 2 months to see his folks near me.

I've just put him on to this site as he didnt knwo about it.

im not 100% sure on this but i was told when i was workign at bmw, that you can buy clear plastic that sticks over the top of the bonnet/wings so it retains original colour and doesnt get scratched.

sticks on with the same stuff that those plastic things are inside the doors on rado's.

certainly looks better than a car bra... lame

has any one seen any that cover the ends of the wings and the bumper too? i saw an original vag one on german ebay once but it was missing a load of bits so i didnt bid this would be great for show cars and general summer use

I have a mate who has just moved to holland, and also spends every other weekend in Germany. He also just bought a left hooker 95 dragon green vr in munic yesturday! I've put him on the case for these.

Also, said he will seak out the best aftermarket places over there and send me back some brochures etc. Hes a vw nut so this will be a star contact point! Especially as he drives back once every 2 months to see his folks near me.

I've just put him on to this site as he didnt knwo about it.

Any news m8?

There gota be someone out there selling them? :?

Think theres def enough numbers for a group buy too! 8)

A couple of things to consider.......

1) The rear edge on the bonnet will gather grit if the cover is left on.

2) No matter how taught, some vibration (flapping) will happen at higher speeds

Leading to paint damage...........

This is the stuff they use in a lot of cases on VW's where chaffing is likely to occur like where the spoiler rubber feet rest on the rear hatch. A very high specification self-adhesive transparent Polyurethane film manufactured by world leader 3M.

http://www.nfauto.co.uk/stone_protection_film.htm

guy's don't do it! I bought two in Canada, the smaller one which goes across the bonet and the "full bra" which covers the bumper. they were only made for the SLC or european cars, so the lights and number plates are a different size or in a different location. the worst bit is that they rub the lacquer on the metallic finish, or it's caused by the additional heat as the black acts as a great heat sinc in the sun! Plus in my opinion, everyone looks at you and thinks what the f*** is that stupid thing on your car. If you want to protest your bonet fit some clear celophane type protector. I sold mine on ebay to a bloke in germany, enjoy!

horses for courses they do stop stone chips they do flap above 120mph so i use mine quite regularly! as for looking crap the crowd at ed38 loved it, being the only car with a full bra, but mine is a rare beast being a euro one that actually fits and doesn't have unessesary cut-outs.

I agree with stevemac also. They look TERRIBLE, completely spoils the look of the car. Why spend the cash on getting your motor look niiiice and then spoil it by putting that stupid gurdle on it.

URGH :p

me too i think they look good and also functional, each to their own and all that. i would deffinately be up for a group buy

I've got one, they are a pain to fit, and the bonnet piece does flap about over a Ton, would'nt bother.

you selling it then?

I have seen loads of them over here (florida) - but i have yet to spot one rado :(

The main reason they have them down south is protect the front from 'love bugs' - little critters that splat over the front of the car. They have a 'acidic' blood which can erode the paint. Quite a few of the bra's have two loops on the front - i think these are for mouting your cow bull horns.

got the bonnet bit and bumper bit on mine now i love it but unlike billingjahg60 i have the slc spec bumper part so i have the cutouts at the side and the wrongsized number plate slot. but imo still looks great and turns the heads, they might be saying whats that on the front of that, but i like it alot. oh yeah i think i need to tighten the bonnet bit up abit cos it starts to flap at about 75/80.

This has been discussd a few times before and as I said before, I think it's like leaving the protective plastic on your mobile phone for years to protect it from getting scratched even though it would look better scratched than with brown & dog eared clingfilm. :-P

"bring out the gimp"
:lol: :lol:

i didn't like them at 1st but after seeing it in the fleshh it ain't that bad, still think you have to have a proper mint ride to get away with wearing one ie, A20LEE would get away with it i wouldn't!!

lowered%204.JPG

i got the bumper type one and it looks awful bought it from the US - guess ill just keep it as an investment - works better on darker cars plus mine looks gash because of the holes for the washers....take a look