Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

how to change charger timing belt and rsr outlet

are there any complications involved in these jobs? are there marks on the charger so its lined up properly? i take it the silencer box is a pita to get out looks tight!

Your underwear?

[schild=9 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]give[/schild][schild=8 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]us[/schild][schild=7 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]a[/schild][schild=4 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]clue![/schild]

The clue was in the second bit of the title... I've edited the main title to reflect what the thread's on about... :roll:

which belt do you mean? The small one on the charger, or the large on which drives the waterpump and alternator too?

If it's the big one, it doesn't need timing up... If it's the little one, ask G-man... ;)

The silencer outlet is pretty easy to get off...

Remove the rubber pipe which connects it to the pipe to the intercooler.

Remove the screws which hold the 2 parts together (I think there are screws, it's ages since I did this)

Unclip the 2 halves and remove the half furthest from the charger

Undo the bolt that's now exposed inside the half on the charger

BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DROP ANYTHING INTO THE CHARGER!!!!

Remove the other half

Fit RSR with same bolt, fit connection pipe...

Done... 8)

They are screws that hold the two halves together, however the bottom two are right gits to get to, so could do what i do and take a hammer to the box and break it up to get to the mounting bolt.

cmon guys the bits i was referring to was in the subtitle :roll: cheers for the advice henny. i take it the subtitle came up??

Angel eyes

oh cheers honey bun! (yes i do now what your refering to!!)

you can get the box out whole, :D

use a wobble extension bar to undo the 13mm bolt that holds the silencer box on, then when its loose, take off the boost return pipe charger end and take off the top rad cover so you can pull up the top radiatior hose a little and pull up the boost return pipe a little.

and then you should be able to extract the silencer box in one piece,, hope that makes sense,,, :roll: