Jim

The definitive "what exhaust?" discussion thread!

Am looking for exhaust from cat. back to pass MOT in May. Original has lasted till now! The VAG exhaust is best for long life (ah! just brought a smile to dr_mat's fizzog :lol:), however, it costs nearly £700 from VAG and I do not need it to outlive me or the car! I will be eligible for state pension in a couple of months :eek: .

From what I read here, I will probably go for Jetex, or similar, cat back.

yeah but last i heard it was £600

and the rest! When I last looked a couple of years ago, the whole exhaust was about a £1000! :shock:

and the rest! When I last looked a couple of years ago, the whole exhaust was about a £1000! :shock:

WOW! that craziness! :cuckoo:

I replaced my exhaust from the cat back with genuine parts in late October 2009:

The back box and centre box (comes as a single piece, req rear beam being removed to fit, unlike the pattern parts pictured below) is part code 535 119E and costs circa £421.34 plus VAT

The straight link pipe joining the centre box to the cat costs £113.87 plus VAT, sorry didn't write the part code down...

I don't have a genuine cat part code or price. Ditto no manifold code or price.

Genuine clamps are circa £7-10 each plus VAT, depending which one you need

CorradoExhaust92-95VR6.jpg

For VR6 have ordered Jetex (silent version) from Tuning Werkes Croydon at £340 including VAT and delivery.

Reuben the owner phoned me himself about my email. Seems like a real gentleman, so expecting everything to be OK.

http://www.tuningwerkes.com/news.html

Getting my local garage to fit it.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=116276.0 see bottom post. Found this just a minute ago.

Remember and mention the Corrado forum and "a guy in Scotland" :lol:

Cars in the garage at the minute and had the phonecall that my exhaust is goosed so will need a new one. I wouldn't mind staying OME but I gather this is more expensive. I'm not up on exhausts and do not really know what needs replacing. I think I might need a cat-back exhaust. Can someone explain what I need...is it everything from the cat-back (including the cat)?

I will be getting loads of other work done so I don't want to spend loads. I am seeing different deals and the dubpower looks like good value but I don't like the tail-pipe. I want oval and as similar to the original exhaust...both visually and in sound. Any suggestions for a VR6 please and any good deals on the go at the minute.

cheers

Cars in the garage at the minute and had the phonecall that my exhaust is goosed so will need a new one. I wouldn't mind staying OME but I gather this is more expensive. I'm not up on exhausts and do not really know what needs replacing. I think I might need a cat-back exhaust. Can someone explain what I need...is it everything from the cat-back (including the cat)?

I will be getting loads of other work done so I don't want to spend loads. I am seeing different deals and the dubpower looks like good value but I don't like the tail-pipe. I want oval and as similar to the original exhaust...both visually and in sound. Any suggestions for a VR6 please and any good deals on the go at the minute.

cheers

You're best off reading through this thread.. i know theres alot of pages but you'll find that answers you need. A Cat back exhaust doesnt include the CAT, just anything after the cat. On the standard system there is a silencer after the cat, then the 'suitcase' silencer just before the axle then you have the back box. I and alot of other got a sytem without the silencer immediately after the CAT and just replaced kept the suitcase one. I went for a supersprint which are godo quality and quiet on normal running.. almost OEM sound, not sure what its like on throttle as ive not heard my car pass me to hear in that situation, but from in the car its not loud at all. Though does burble nicely on idle. They also do an oval tailpipe but it could do with being a little smaller - a round tailpipe is available too. But only the backbox is stainless steel the rest is steel - but its still lighter then the original system

Also there's miltek which gets a good rating on here they also do an oval tail pipe and its stainless, its also a little throater. Sure someone with one of them will be on soon.. or just read back through this thread.

From experience on here you should not need the CAT replaced unless you are very unlucky or being duped by whoever tells you it needs replaced. Try not to think of it - they are expensive!

I am getting Jetex from Tuning Werkes for £15 less than your ebay link to demontweeks, but what do I know - I am old and deluded. :grin:

Jetex exhaust ordered on Thursday from Tuning Werkes (Croydon) arrived today (Monday). Prompt, or what?

Booked in for fitting at local garage on Wednesday.

Jetex exhaust ordered on Thursday from Tuning Werkes (Croydon) arrived today (Monday). Prompt, or what?

Let me know how it sounds mate which one did you go for the 3 box or 2 box system???

Three box - dont want it to be farty loud like what those young pests drive about with in our High Street. Maggot willies!! I call those drivers in my best Victor Meldrew style. :lol:

Three box - dont want it to be farty loud like what those young pests drive about with in our High Street. Maggot willies!! I call those drivers in my best Victor Meldrew style. :lol:

Haha

Let me know how it sounds mate which one did you go for the 3 box or 2 box system???

+1

I'm in a pickle because I need my exhaust asap. 2 working days is not quick enough for me really...well absolute latest but would prefer next day. Car is in garage and need it by the end of the week. :brickwall:

Demon tweeks do Parcel Force 24 for £9.95 on top of the £344.70 price of the exhaust. It is £325 from Tuning Werkes but how much is postage? Shouldn't be bothered and just order from Demon and get the quick delivery.

this seems cheap...£313 inc. VAT

http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-parts/VW_Corrado_2_9_VR6_from_chassis_50_N_000_0001_Cat_Back_System-2592-355.html

anyone know why the same exhaust is £340 inc. VAT on the same page?

http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw- ... 1-355.html

postage says £10 but don't know if this is next day or what. can someone tell me what the difference is please?

this seems cheap...£313 inc. VAT

http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-parts/VW_Corrado_2_9_VR6_from_chassis_50_N_000_0001_Cat_Back_System-2592-355.html

anyone know why the same exhaust is £340 inc. VAT on the same page?

http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw- ... 1-355.html

postage says £10 but don't know if this is next day or what. can someone tell me what the difference is please?

First one is a 2 box system and second a 3 box sytem look at the exhaust boxes on the pics you will see the differences

:cuckoo: hahaha! you can tell I've had a long day today!

cheers mate.

just gonna order the 3 box from demon or there...whichever has stock and can deliver quickest.

Don't worry about it, joey - those diagrams are like "spot the difference" took me a while to see what was going on. :roll:

:cuckoo: hahaha! you can tell I've had a long day today!

cheers mate.

just gonna order the 3 box from demon or there...whichever has stock and can deliver quickest.

Yeah i was like what the hells the difference between the two aswell