Sign in to follow this  
JT

what new car to buy then !!! comments, BOUGHT ONE!!!

ok so i sold my mk2 yesterday and now need to get a new car in the next week really, but what!!!!

this is what i am thinking off

lotus elise- not sure if i want to spend this much

westfield - a bit too mental for the drive to work

vr golf highline- just can't get excited about one of these

or another corrado either a vr or staged 4 g60 but want one in really nice nick with leather,lowered (no lower than 40mm) and some other nice mods... but can't seem to find one

or something else but what!!! any help !!!!!

would get bored of the integra v-tec too quickly don't get me wrong quick car but not for me would rather spend the money on an elise than an s works and unless it's the original m3 bms don't really do it for me, i'm too fussy i reckon, but am finding it really hard to make my mind up....

audi quattro? s3? theres plenty of choice out there tbh - sounds like your budget is relatively undefined too

maybe you should just try a g60 ;)

i would like to own a g60 but i would like one which has had a lot of the work done to it already i.e stage 4, lowered, and with lowish miles nice set of split rims, leather but it's just finding one, the elise would totally stretch me so if we are talking budget in the "real" five grand tops.... had my dads s3 for a couple weeks nice car but again was bored after a week and would have to spend a lot at amd....

i wanted to go for the mk1 for sale on here for 6000 with g60 up front but it went was sold today :p

nice cars but not really what i'm after to be honest bit too heavy and not enoufgh character, see really too fussy

Audi S4/S6 Avant?

Pace with grace!

boy you have class.... one of thems on my list very soon to replace the shazza got to be a avant though.. :!:

A Sharon, Sharan, I mean...!

Heheh, yeah, I knows I got class...! ;)

Hmmmm, so JT, what are the main criteria for yr next car then?

well gotta be "reliable" and quick can't be driving something that does'nt gooooooo, but is'nt ya norm if that makes sense, i have to use it for work which can mean i can drive upto 800miles in a week but not every week so reasonably comfy too but thats not too high on my list, must have a good history and been well looked after, i am coming to the decision that it's either another corrado vr or g60 or an elise, i just can't think of anything else at the moment, anyone out there got anything interesting they are thinking of selling.....

dazzyvr6 now that is my kinda of thinking something a little different like that - just wonder what running costs one of those has tho.....

a friend of mine has a saab turbo there great just don't dig the handling...

Well, I was gonna suggest a Merc 190 Cosworth, but thought it might be a little old considering what else you were looking at...!

They have either a 2.3 or 2.5 16V 4-pot NA lump, with either an auto or more commonly the Getrag dog-leg first manual gearbox, half- or full-leather... Merc 190 interior trim not really up to the quality of the Corrado, but they're rwd, and apparently quite chuckable!

Like this one!

EDIT: Damnit, just noticed that's an auto! But you get the idea... :)

i was just looking at the same one, i just don't know if would like the auto box !!!

better off looking for one with a manual gearbox,my mate has got a mint black one,very quick,and hes put it into storeage

Nissan 200SX S14A Touring! If I had £5-6k to buy a quick, reliable car would definately be a 200SX.

You can pick up late low milers for that sort of money these days. Tuning potential is awesome- you can get up to 250 bhp relatively easily and cheaply. Leather, aircon and CD changer all standard in the Touring. The S14A looks really menacing too 8) Oh yeah, almost forgot- rear wheel drive too!

depending on your job and other car access situation, I would possibly go for a westfield seight, then on the run to work I would just wear my crash hat and bike weather gear. sort of like a bike with extras for work.

i would love a westy but we only have 2 months of sunshine left really and i can't be arsed with having to go through selling and buying again for the winter,

certainly can't afford a boxster or a 911....

clio 172 would be ok so they are cheap to run don't to much about them other than they get good ratings for the money....