Sign in to follow this  
dannyc

worst seats ever!?!

is it just me or are corrado seats the most uncomfortable ever!

i test drove about ten brfore buying mine and they were all the same. theres a bit that sticks into the bottom of my back all the time.

its prob to do with how i've got it set but it shouldn't do it in any position. i have the seat in the lowest position

looks like i'll have to take a cushon with me :?

I know the proddy-in-your-back bit that you're talking about.

I never quite noticed this until I got the Recaros and then got back into a 'normal' set of seats. The Recaros are a lot more comfy, but unfortunately don't hug you quite as tight, which is a bit of a pain as i'm not the plumpest of people!

Recaro's are better for you than most seats.

You just feel it 'cos you have bad posture :)

Sorry to disagree dannyc but I think Corrado seats are great...! Sometimes I sit in mine all night in the garage :wink: .

Maybe they feel better than they actually are because we've got a Bora as well and that gives me chronic backache after about an hour, driving or passenger.

Bora's do have a lumber support gimmicky thing to enable you to contol the height and intensity of the ache up the back. :roll:

I like mine too but the Mrs hates it! Our other car being a Vectra probably helps me appreciate it - they really are uncomfortable.

I sat in my standard leather seats yesterday for 8 hours wuth no the fainstest hint of a twinge - think they are very comfy

i think the corrado seats are comfy and suportive not got any problems with them

but differant people differant shapes not everyones gonna be happy.

No probs here either, seeing that i have got them in the Golfs as well as the C, they really do suit my 6ft 2 frame. In fact got some late VR6 black seats in the black Golf and they are amazing, the GF even drives the car daily with a cushion for height she likes them that much.

Well I must say I've got Leather Porsche 911 Turbo Recaros in mine with full electrics and they have got to be the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in!

(That sounds like such a boast but on the forum it always comes out not the way you intend!!!! :oops: )

mine were always the comfiest seats i`d ever sat in (not much to choose from in past cars tho`)

but in the last year i got fat! :(

and now they feel bad and hard to get out of....

not suggesting anything just my 2p.

i think the standard seats are very comfortable and are great for long journeys or throwing the car around, my mr2 used to have adjustable lumbar support and adjustable back bolsters and i allways had the lumber support on maximum. they are certainly more comfotable than the seats in my bosses jag XKR R or my mates brand new golf IMO

i guess its all down to body shape and posture but all my mates have said how comfortable the front and rear seats are in the c.

Recaro allll the way. I spent 18hrs sitting in them the other day (with the odd stop to hop out and stretch my legs) and felt fresh as a daisy by the end.

They're well worth the extra money :D

Standard Corrado seats are the most comfortable I've ever spent a long time in. Apart from my old Mk1s, the ex-missus' Mk1 and Mk2 GTIs, I've had countless hire cars in this country and abroad and nothing was close to the Corrado. 3 hours in the Mk1 was hard work, 3 hours in the Corrado is nothing :)

Might be height-related though, as has been mentioned, I'm 6'3" so that might mean the lumbar support just happens to be in the right place!

Anybody know how to get a hold of the optional Recaro on the Storm? I have the standard leather but I so badly want to get a hold of the Recaro that were the option and have them retro fitted? Any help guys?

But I have to say, I drove for about 6 hours in the C when I bought and I found them extremely comfortable, no problems at all.

I remeber taking my old Corrado for alloy wheel 'security marking' one Sunday at a charity event hosted by the West Midlands Police. The copper who drove my car in and out of the workshop commented that they were the worst seats he had ever sat in, in a car! I was absolutely gobsmacked and said he must be one of the few people to drive a Corrado who ever said that.. I felt that the driving position was perfect!!

What a nimrod!! :)

No complaints about standard Corrado seats at all, or any VW ones come to that. We're all different and have different postures, which is where the differences of opinion are going to come from, but they would benefit from adjustable lumbar support, which not even the over-rated (imo) Recaros have.

The reason I don't rate the Recaros is because they're too similar to the stock ones, but with less thigh support. Usually, you KNOW when you're in a Recaro, visually and from a tactile point of view...but the Leather Corrado ones are pap. They're too soft and slidey, they're touring seats, not racing ones.....a market Recaro usually dominates.

Yep, have to give the standard C seats a tick in the box too as my back is not in tip top nick anymore but I can sit there for ages no prob; though ocassionally think a lumbar adjust might be a nice addition.

Anybody know how to get a hold of the optional Recaro on the Storm? I have the standard leather but I so badly want to get a hold of the Recaro that were the option and have them retro fitted? Any help guys?

But I have to say, I drove for about 6 hours in the C when I bought and I found them extremely comfortable, no problems at all.

The Recaro's were an option on all C's - not exclusive to the Storm.

The Recaro's were an option on all C's - not exclusive to the Storm.

That's what I meant to say.. :oops:

I've always liked C seats! I had them in my mk1 Golf which left you peering over the steering wheel on their lowest setting and added to that go-kart drivability...

I do find that my back can ache a bit after a long journey though (was worse in the mk1) and like Kev said they really could do with lumbar controls but that really is my only criticism

8)

They weren't actually available on the Storm at all as the options list was extremly limited, There is a Storm out there with black leather recaro's but these we're fitted later down the line.

I've seen a Storm with beige recaros as well and I remember a big discussion on this as well. You sure they weren't available to the Storm model?

It's very likely that you're right as maybe VW didn't have the Rec's available when they were pushing the 500 storms out...