Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Tyres

Yes my front tyres need changing and i dont like Alloys are on the cards just yet, (changed my mind about other mods Again!!) so im in the running for some new front tyres.

Im looking for something that has high grip in the dry and on shinny tarmac. (spanish roads). Any ideas?

Yokohama A539, or if you can still find 'em 509/510s Brilliant in the dry, especially when warm... 509/510s aren't much good in the wet though, and they do tend to wear out pretty quick (although this could be 'cos people tend to start using the extra grip more! :lol: )

I've got A539s all round and they're excellent in the dry and pretty good in the wet too... The other tyres that I'd go with are the top of the range (I forget the name) Avon tyres... Seem to be VERY good and are rated AA for grip!

Dunlop SP 2000's seem very good in the dry..... very soft tyre though so wear quite quickly *:(

If you can afford and wait for the delivery times, then fit YOKOHAMA AVS SPORT.

they handle like no other tyre ive driven on, and they look the muts nuts when on. :D :D

Looked at the tyres on my C last night where the tread meants the tyre wall is looking rather worn on both tyres!!! To much high speed cornering LOL

where did i put that plastic card, Oh yeah i dont have one, but the missus does LOL

I just ordered a set of Yoko AVS ES100's although high on my list was wet weather performance, I'll let you know how they turn out... they have a good rep

Kumho Ecsta 712's get great reviews too but I don't know if you get those over there

Skye

Ahem... being a little older than the average, I have had a fair few on the numerous dubs I've had. The GF Goodrich Profiler G's that cam with my VR6 are so awesome it untrue, wet or dry. The closest were the Yoko 510's again an impressive performer.

The tread pattern is also very good and at less than £50 per corner fitted damn cheap.

...........Got to go the CoCoa and my bed are waiting.

Well I got my new tyres this morning after checking my tyres last night and saw canvas!!! :shock:

So at 8am this morning i was at the tyre place.

Result

2 new Pirelli P6000 total cost wait for it........

drum roll please

€120 including fitting. thats £80 ish

I bet in the UK i would not have got one for that.

Pirelli are grat tyres. The p7000 used to be on my Golf and they kept me alive. The tyre are a fairly soft compound so you get more grip but they dont last you as long as other brands.

You will be happy with them, even in the wet you can give it sonme and they still feel reliable.

Good choice, power is nothing without control!

ive been offered a set of toyo poxies 205-50-15 for standard speedlines off a guy on ebay some sort of dealer 150 sheets is this a good price/good tyre ive not researched tyres very much thought someone on here would have some experience :?

I have Toyo T1 Proxies and i rate them, a mate of mine has them on his Porsche Carrara 4, and recons that they are as good or better than his old Bridgestone S02's

ive been offered a set of toyo poxies 205-50-15 for standard speedlines off a guy on ebay some sort of dealer 150 sheets is this a good price/good tyre ive not researched tyres very much thought someone on here would have some experience :?

Got them and in that size, very good tyre and for that price you cant go wrong (Assuming 150 for 4?). I think I paid £235 fitted.

Pirelli are grat tyres. The p7000 used to be on my Golf and they kept me alive. The tyre are a fairly soft compound so you get more grip but they dont last you as long as other brands.

You will be happy with them, even in the wet you can give it sonme and they still feel reliable.

I had a matching set of Pirelli P7000 z's in 195/50/15 the standard Corrado size. well without making a long story :x ........... i need two new ones. went all over looking for this model number. pirelli has stopped selling smaller tires. does anyone know the reasdon why???? i found two pzero system assimetrico in my size and snatched them up in a warehouse, but not before the salesman told me that they were discontinued too, but only in the smaller sizes.??? pirelli who i have used for years is leaving the smaller eport market dry. i know there are plenty of good tyre manufacturers out there, but you get comfortable with something you dont like changing. so the question remains........why is pirelli eliminating its smaller lines of tyres??? anyone please. :?:

Bridgestone SO2/SO3 or Goodyear Eagle F1s get my vote.

Kev

Bridgestone S02 "Expedia" used to be the best money could buy - not sure if they're still available though (also very expensive). I think the Expedias were a slightly different compound to the usual S02's

Got Goodyear F1's on mine at the moment - excellent grip, wet or dry & good tyre wear.

Toyo Proxes give good grip but will be too soft for the hotter climate in Spain.

Pirellis offer reasonable grip but the edges wear far too quickly when driven hard or on hot roads

Continental are a good all round, reliable, general purpose tyre.

Personally, I wouldn't fit Yokohamas to anything but motorcycles & rally cars - their road tyres are sh1te (IMO).

I had a matching set of Pirelli P7000 z's in 195/50/15 the standard Corrado size. well without making a long story :x ........... i need two new ones. went all over looking for this model number. pirelli has stopped selling smaller tires. does anyone know the reasdon why???? i found two pzero system assimetrico in my size and snatched them up in a warehouse, but not before the salesman told me that they were discontinued too, but only in the smaller sizes.??? pirelli who i have used for years is leaving the smaller eport market dry. i know there are plenty of good tyre manufacturers out there, but you get comfortable with something you dont like changing. so the question remains........why is pirelli eliminating its smaller lines of tyres??? anyone please. :?:

According to there UK site they still do 195/50 R15's

http://www.pirelli.co.uk/en_GB/tyres/catalog/tyre_product.jhtml?selected=size&catid=UK_UHP&productid=2113

However the US site is a different story only in 30 & 35 profiles