Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Carbon Fibre bonnets

Right all I need to pick your brains,

Does anyone know if one can get decent carbon fibre bonnets for the C, needs to be a late spec bonnet...

Apart from All Smiles...

Can be USA, Japan any where... ??

cheers Ben

Good luck getting a carbon fibre bonnet sent over from the states.. I can't imagine the shipping costs involved, and what sort of damage that careless couriers are likely to cause to it!

ben try lite tuned

cool Darren, I've just mailed them. Just researching at the moment, it might be too expensive to do. If you looked into it what did you conclude from your findings?

cheers Ben

Good luck getting a carbon fibre bonnet sent over from the states.. I can't imagine the shipping costs involved, and what sort of damage that careless couriers are likely to cause to it!

you have a big point there!!

Cheers to everyone else for your help...

if it were me i would prob go for the us, shipping wont be too bad, go for 48 hour ups, thats the way bahn brenner ship all their stuff to europe, so weigth is the issue not size!

Go for it ben they are class, i did see some corrado's on the vortex gallery before with carbon panels, worth a try

if it were me i would prob go for the us, shipping wont be too bad, go for 48 hour ups, thats the way bahn brenner ship all their stuff to europe, so weigth is the issue not size!

Go for it ben they are class, i did see some corrado's on the vortex gallery before with carbon panels, worth a try

You might be right, as long as its packaged up ok and has insurance, UPS and Fed-ex's should be able to handle it.

I'm only sniffing at the moment, just doing my research. If All Smiles weren't so expensive I might go to them also has anyone seen CF bonnet that they have done as I'm not sure on the quality...?? Some of the CF bonnets I see on Jap cars are amazing but haven't seen one on a VW in the flesh yet so can't comment.

Head over to the Corrado Forums on the VW Vortex Ben - there are a few guys over there who have had carbon fibre 'hoods' made and they do look really smart.. i'm pretty sure it would set your car off a treat :)

Head over to the Corrado Forums on the VW Vortex Ben - there are a few guys over there who have had carbon fibre 'hoods' made and they do look really smart.. i'm pretty sure it would set your car off a treat :)

ok, will have a buchers on the vortex, can't really use it at work though because of the amount of pics they seem to have, will look tonight. Would be a nice touch to have one but an expensive one at that!

A mate of mine has a cf bonnet on his 18T Golf MK2, the qualityof it is not that good as it has started to split.

Got his from All smiles i think.

A mate of mine has a cf bonnet on his 18T Golf MK2, the qualityof it is not that good as it has started to split.

Got his from All smiles i think.

I didn't want to say anything but this is the reason why I'm steering well clear of All Smiles...

I've been looking at the Fiber Images ones from the states. all the thread I've read on vortex say they are the best, it's just the shipping issue....

just need a good price for my freshly painted late vr style bonnet and I can order one.

there's always one.......

it's for weight saving you plank, not for looks. have you felt the weight of a corrado bonnet? it's just silly.

Yeah I know, they're a huge amount lighter. But the look... *shudder*

You could always paint it though...

lol dink :lol:

The man standing next to his large pink wall need not make styling comments lol

I have to agree I would paint it though. I have seen a yellow corrado with an unpainted carbon bonnet and in my opinion it didnt look right. It will look a lot better on a dark car

I like them tbh... I would have one too if I had a car worth putting one onto :lol:

Yeah, but you already have a dark-grey car, so it would probably look alright.

Oh and CoxyLaaaaaaaad! - I also have red hair.

I have seen a yellow corrado with an unpainted carbon bonnet and in my opinion it didnt look right. It will look a lot better on a dark car

I'm sure thats the colour scheme of taxi's around middlesbrough/harlepool, not corrados though obviously!