Sign in to follow this  
Riley

ive got another fuel leak! not in the engine bay though :?

help!

ok guys,lately my g60 has been farting every now and again as i apply the throttle.

in fact it nearly got me killed at a roundabout today! :mad:

anyway,got it on a mates ramp and he guessed that it sounded like it was fuel related.

checking at the rear for fuel leaks but found nothing,and then working to the front of the car following the 3 fuel lines,its wet where they dissapear into the chassis!

as you go towards the bulk head it drys up,so its not something leaking down from up top.

what the hell?

is this a common thing?

neil. :(

Not common mate. Have you done any work on the fuel pipes under the bonnet. Might be worth extracting the pipes one at a time to see if any have worn through. Attach something to them to get them back into the chassis.

Gavin

hi m8.

it was just a while ago that i put a new seal on the fpr.

i was wondering what was involved in replacing them,looks like fun to get them threaded through the chassis!

is it just a case of pulling them out then?

i priced a new pipe up at vw,£18.16 which i thought was ok.(well for vw anyway!)

also am i right in thinking theres 1 feed from filter,1 return,and 1 breather?

thing is i would need to know which it is as i cant leave it at my mates garage :(

cheers,neil.

Sorry i won't be much help here, but i really had to give those plastic pipes some frederick to get the rubber fuel hoses off at the bulk head end when the rubber pipes went the other week. I was really worries i might end up with what you have here. Are you sure there not leaking in the bay and running down? Fuel tracks well easy and will dry up very quickly in the bay? Just a thought.

I know eactly what the new pipes you need look like, as my dealer ordered the G60 ones from front to rear instead of my rubber bay pipes!

Sure they were more like £60 for both, and looked better value than the fecking rubber ones for nearly a 1er !

Yeah would also guess it's the rubber hoses inside the engine bay (more importantly the connection between the fuel line and the rubber hose, as attached to the right suspension tower. If you have not replaced those rubber hoses yet, now's a good time, also see my horrid post in General Chat about that G60 on fire !

Tempest

thanks guys,

im pretty sure its not running down from the engine bay as the floor is dry a good distance from the front of the car.

ill take your advice on the rubber bay pipes though i think,especially after the g60 on fire episode!

are they available from vw,or will any correct pressure pipe do the job?

also could someone just confirm the set up?

is the main feed plastic then rubber then metal then rubber again? :?

cheers,neil. :)

I can tell you all i got to see of my pipes, but remember these are on a VR so have no idea of difference on a G60.

Blue plastic pipe came up from the bulk head into a rubber hose which bolts onto the fuel rail, this being the return pipe.

Black plastic pipe from the bulk head to rubber hose to the fuel rail, being the supply.

Clear hose in the middle (i didnt need to touch) runs to the carbon can, being a breather.

If you buy the 2 rubber hoses from vag one has blue writing on to denote its mating to the blue plastic pipe and both have direction arrows, suprisingly thoughtfull of mr Vdub. However, taking into account the price of these feckers, the blue writing was melted down saphire i beleive!

I reckon the hose diam is 8mm, but the bits i bought from various souces were all diff and too loose or too tight and pinched to much where the pipes bend. So had to go with uncle vag in the end, but there was only 2 sets left in germ!! Came in 2 days though....

Lots of peeps on here ahve done this so i expect you'll get some more info on this....better than mine thats for sure, as i have no idea north of the bulkhead mate.

thanks m8,appreciate the help.

its just good to get it pictured in my head before i go attacking the car!

thanks again. :D

neil.

guys,

is there no way i can work out which pipe may be split,other than removing them one by one? :(

cheers,neil.

ps:if anyone has etks with pics and part numbers that would be great! :D

hi m8,thanks but i think i now have the part numbers,

Feed pipe 191 201 374 E

Return pipe 191 201 355 C

may have a look at the pipes today.

neil.