Sign in to follow this  
MillSpeed

16v to G60 turbo swap.

Alright chaps? I'm getting ready to transplant my freshly re-built G60 motor into my KR 16v rado. Trying to decide whether to retain the external fuel pump or switch to the G60's in-tank pump. Also, will the G60's engine loom and ECU loom plug straight into the 16v fuse block?

Will be running a cossie T3 eventually with 42lb injectors, wondering if that'll have any bearing on which pump I should use. Doesn't the KR pump operate at a higher pressure?

Not sure about the external pumps but the single in-tank type (as fitted to G60's and VR6's) run at 4bar pressure.

The K-jet pumps run at a higher pressure. Not by much, I think they are about 70-75 PSI which is about 5 BAR. Thing is anything over what the FPR is set at just disappears.

Flow and pressure both need to be considered when chossing the pump. I'd stick with the KR pump for ease but would do some research when you go turbo.

The wiring should plug in but don't be surprised if you have some messing about with a Bentley manual to get it right. Ask gibber.......

Gavin