Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Head + fog light protection film

the blue stuff would look good on the mirrors, always liked the way bmw and later golfs have tinted mirrors

I going for the clear, did consider the yellow for the Nugget and blue for the Aqua but thought better of it

If that stuff is as good as it sounds, I'd quite like a set of it too, so let us know what it's like :)

Does this film actually work? I need a new drivers side fog light as the stone chip has turned into a crack across the whole thing now and I really want to protect them in some way.

I have the Lamix stuff on mine, though wish I hadn't gone for the darkest tint on the fogs/indicators as its a little too dark :(

Just a word of warning though... fog lights tend to crack due to the masses of heat given off by the bulbs in there. So this isn't the be-all-end-all solution. But yes, will stop stone-chip cracks ;)

If anyone is intending on just ordering the headlight covers, can you let me know? I'd like another set of fog/indicators (the 80% light ones instead of the 65%ers I have now) but don't really want to buy another set of headlight covers too! I'd chuck you the difference plus postage ;)

Thanks for link. Think they'll definately be worth getting if I'm going to fork out for a new foglight. Would still be interested to know if there's a company in the UK (or Europe) that sells a similar thing.

Will the blue film get you pulled / fail an MOT? Looks damn good and I really am tempted to get some - I just don't want to have to replace it every year for the MOT :?

Yeah cant be legal, Gav has some spare lenses for £25, dunno if the fogs/indicators will b ok tho?

hmmm... I'd only tint the h/lights anyway. Does the film cover the lens only? I have one spare lens already so if that is the case I'll get another and order the film 8)

Anyone got further with this? Am thinking of getting some overlays for the rears, and Empire do the fronts as well:

They say "We recommend 40 mil clear for headlights, but only 20 mil clear for fog & turn signals"

Would this keep them road legal? I'm not so bothered about being stopped and asked to remove them. The bigger headache is being involved in a crash, and then the insurance turning round and saying "you've illegally modified your car - your insurance is invalid"

How have people got on with this? And did anyone try the blue tint on the wing mirrors?

They only cover the glass portion. If you buy the complete set from Eurosport, it comes with 2x for the headlights, blinkers and fogs.

You can also buy a sheet from your local sticker making shop and cut your own.

If you drive in bad weather or bad roads...or just plain drive alot...its definitely worth it. If I didn't put that stuff on...my headlight and fog light lens would be all chipped up.

I would not recommend using the Lamix X on the side view mirrors...thats just asking for trouble.

Hello mate,

Im a uk supplier of Lamin-x at Lamin-X.co.uk

We have to make an off road use decleration...Although in the uk yellow is 110% legal.But i have never known anyone to be pulled or quizzed about the other films we sell.

To quote our website:

Are your coloured films legal on headlights for road use?

Our coloured films may not be legal for road use on primary lighting in your country. An off-road disclosure is hereby declared. Please check your local laws before application if you have concerns. Installation of coloured Film on your primary lights is done so at your own risk.

None of our films produce a blue or red light when lit.

The GunSmoke film is tinted by only 13%,but on a corrado an uprated headlight loom would be adviseable...Whether using the protection film or not really.

Hope this helps.

Neil. :)