Sign in to follow this  
rado-steve

New VW: The Volks Honda

well what do you expect if you start driving/riding about indoors? its asking for trouble!

LoL !!

I thought that stright away kev, i cant see them using something that horrific in a public display, its probably been done to show people the dangers of owning a micra.

The fact the car was cut in half at some point (by the fire brigade) and the bike in comparison is remarkably unscathed give it away....and what is that bit of metal hanging out of the back window? Doesn't look right either....

Seems to be numerous fakes going around at the moment....

I suspect that even if it's real they'd have had to cut the car in half to get the body/bodies of the car occupants out, given how tightly that bike is wedged in. Don't think they'd be allowed to display it without a thorough cleaning!

I thought that stright away kev, i cant see them using something that horrific in a public display, its probably been done to show people the dangers of owning a micra.

It's a MK3 Golf!

Bike don't look too good in this one though:

volkshonda2.jpg

But think you are right, seems a bit staged.....

Wasn't that an entry for the Turner Prize? Certainly looks on par with some of the mangled sh1te that wins that god-for-saken prize of arse.

deffo not convinced... where's the passenger door gone?!? That bike would have had to be doing one hell of a speed to be able to put the door through the frame, across the car and into the rear... especially 'cos the striker pin is still intact... :roll:

Although something similar nearly happened to me on Sunday on the way to Croft. Came round a corner to find a yellow japanese sports bike with rider in yellow leathers on my side of the road coming towards me at about 70.

God bless all round disks or there would have been Power Ranger pate all over the place.

I think that photo's a fake though.

Cheers,

Tom

It's not a fake, but it is somewhat staged. The two vehicles are the genuine result of a collision and they're now used, with the permission of the victim's families, for a speed reduction/safe driving campaign by the govenment of the country it happened in. I believe it was Sweden but don't quote me on that.

who knows for sure but i dont know what would make the bike go in to the car rather than sliding over the top

anyway whoever was on it isnt with us now i wouldnt of thought.

I read about this on a biking forum and apparently its not fake. Happened in Finland or somewhere similar. It has been set up slightly worse but most of the bike did end up in the car. As you can imagine both the driver and rider were wiped out.

It's a VFR400. The rider involved had only passed his test a week or so previouly I believe. Incidentally, road RC30s made around 112bhp and weighed 185kg; they were not capable of anywhere near 180mph.