Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

No mine is just a 6psi kit, no need for pump and injectors. Oil temps never get above 110c due to being up North....natural oil cooler :)

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!!

Just had the Rado MOT'd today. She flew through with no advisories or issues, which is not bad as she's sat in the garage untouched since we moved house in November. Looking forward to getting some use out of her over the coming months.

Anyone else feeling VR6 FI love again?

There is always room for Vr6 FI love :smug: I am working on a Supercharged 12v Vr6, hope to have her done by the end of the year to the beginning of next.

Throttlebody pipe keeps popping off, think the clamp is goosed. Ben told I need 80-90mm range which rules out mikalor.

Anyone recommend a decent hose clamp I could use? Cheers

Mikalor are shyte.

PM your address mate. I've got some proper torque tension clamps, I'll send you one for the diameter range FOC :)

Anytime chap. Always happy to help a fellow booster out :)

It's a stainless clamp Bill Schimmel uses on his builds for holding 30+ psi, but being American, the head to tighten it is 3/8", but a 10mm might work.

No experience of them personally but I like their attitude and approach. Should be good kits. Feel free to appoint yourself as the forum guinea pig :D

Might just do that Kevin.

The home build kit with a decent Garret seems to be half decent value. So does there drive in service. Might see what the turn around time is and spend some time in Holland.

Kev.

Having dropped my car off at stealth at the weekend I'm very much looking forward to joining club vrt. Can't wait!

Having dropped my car off at stealth at the weekend I'm very much looking forward to joining club vrt. Can't wait!

Oooo you lucky boy!! Whats on the menu VAG-hag?

A long wait ;) I have gone for stage 1 with rod bolts as well, and just left it to Vince and John to work their magic really. I already did chains, clutch and uprated rad with slim fans and roose hoses so hopefully this will prepare it somewhat. My exhaust system will also be up for sale as it's too restrictive.... Shame as I love it, but I'm sure I'll get over that!

Happy for you mate, the car will be in good hands.

Your new exhaust will sound better ;)

A long wait ;) I have gone for stage 1 with rod bolts as well, and just left it to Vince and John to work their magic really. I already did chains, clutch and uprated rad with slim fans and roose hoses so hopefully this will prepare it somewhat. My exhaust system will also be up for sale as it's too restrictive.... Shame as I love it, but I'm sure I'll get over that!

Mmmm very nice m8. Are you having an LSD of some form fitted too?

Edit - oh & hows your brake setup? ;) lol

I saw lots of n3p's install as it happened due to my VR having its head rebuild at the same time. It was very neat & we all know how the results turned out. I just wish id been there when he picked it up so i could have a passenger ride lol

ha ha speak of the devil ;)

alright m80 :)

ha ha speak of the devil ;)

alright m80 :)

:wave:

If we meet at a future show then ask me for a ride then :) I gave VAG-had and redborbet a spin during the national day

:wave:

If we meet at a future show then ask me for a ride then :) I gave VAG-had and redborbet a spin during the national day

cool & the gang thanks muchly! that would be mint :D

how you finding it in the damp conditions?

& no more goading received by local blue flashers i hope!!??

cool & the gang thanks muchly! that would be mint :D

how you finding it in the damp conditions?

& no more goading received by local blue flashers i hope!!??

Drove it the other morning when damp and noticed I was spinning it up in every gear - had a look outside and noticed my front tyres are in desperate need of replacing... I was in "normal tyre wear" mode so a bit of complacency on my part :lol: But usually I can enough power down from a rolling boost to disappear into the distance

No more rozzers, I'm more careful now :) What's annoying though is that my commute on the M25 is riddled with speed cameras so I don't get much of a chance to open it up as much as I'd like. Luckily the M40 to Stealth is pretty good and I'm due a service soon :norty:

Unless you're talking about the other blue flashers, in which case I welcome the goading :camp:

Drove it the other morning when damp and noticed I was spinning it up in every gear - had a look outside and noticed my front tyres are in desperate need of replacing... I was in "normal tyre wear" mode so a bit of complacency on my part :lol: But usually I can enough power down from a rolling boost to disappear into the distance

No more rozzers, I'm more careful now :) What's annoying though is that my commute on the M25 is riddled with speed cameras so I don't get much of a chance to open it up as much as I'd like. Luckily the M40 to Stealth is pretty good and I'm due a service soon :norty:

Unless you're talking about the other blue flashers, in which case I welcome the goading :camp:

ha ha that last bit nearly made me spit my tea out lol definitely the rozzer experience you had m8 - i know how sneaky they can be trying to make you boot it if they think your fast. glad to hear no more incidents though, hope it stays that way

thats some power to spin up all gears....... ****dreams - one day maybe lol****

you would love the clover leaf section we have near where i live m8 - a lovely little playground of 2 dual carriageways crossover giving 4 270 degree slip roads (2 downhill & 2 uphill) & 4 S bend slip roads (again 2 up & 2 down)

bikers come from miles around to get their knee down round them but i love showing them how to really take a bend quick ;) lol

hey Nick,

im sure it is and having had a quick chat and handing over the keys it now feels very real! Thanks for your advice and feedback over this year. Which exhaust tip do you have? Edit, just checked your build thread.

Edited by VAG-hag

Mmmm very nice m8. Are you having an LSD of some form fitted too?

Edit - oh & hows your brake setup? ;) lol

I saw lots of n3p's install as it happened due to my VR having its head rebuild at the same time. It was very neat & we all know how the results turned out. I just wish id been there when he picked it up so i could have a passenger ride lol

I have my eye on a wavetrac when I get it back. Probably very soon after I get it back!

brakes are sorted db9 brembo 4 pots with 323mm lcr discs. (For now)

And be careful what you wish for. I got a ride in n3ps car....... and now look whats happened! :lol:

Edited by VAG-hag

I have my eye on a wavetrac when I get it back. Probably very soon after I get it back!

brakes are sorted db9 brembo 4 pots with 232mm lcr discs. (For now)

And be careful what you wish for. I got a ride in n3ps car....... and now look whats happened! :lol:

Mmmm yummy brembo's! brake upgrade is on my list for the VR but i will need new wheels also to do so

ha ha thats the result of a drive in a VRT i would hope for ;)