Kevin Bacon

The Forced Induction VR6 thread

Unless you can fabric a screen for the filter. It's high enough to avoid puddles, it's just the spray that will be your problem.

Hmmm so no liners equals wet filter, not good. Will have to look into other solutions.

K&N do a dry filter sock type solution for this.

When I had my charger I used a 180 degree samco hose to get the filter as high up as possible.

The other option is to get Vince at Stealth to map it without a maff as the water that gets sucked up through the filter usualy kills the maff and thats what causes everyone these issues with chargers and wet weather.

I thought I posted a reply to this yesterday but looks like I didn't

I've bought some water repellant foam to wrap around the air filter, it still lets the air through but stops the water. i'll have to dig it out and find the brand name on it for you.

Hmmm so no liners equals wet filter, not good. Will have to look into other solutions.

got some arch liners mate, £30 for the pair posted.

karl

Thanks i have liners which i bought when i discovered mine were missing. Then i discovered the reason why they were missing was that they wont fit as the suspension/wheel combo i have means there just aint the room plus with the rolled arches i can really see how to stop the damn things flappin about. The price you pay for being low i guess. Nevermind will just have to save my money for mods that are outside the box, nitromethanol injection anyone :lol:

K&N do a dry filter sock type solution for this.

When I had my charger I used a 180 degree samco hose to get the filter as high up as possible.

The other option is to get Vince at Stealth to map it without a maff as the water that gets sucked up through the filter usualy kills the maff and thats what causes everyone these issues with chargers and wet weather.

Ideally you want a maf...

I agree about it getting soaked tho, mine got really filthy really quickly. I did eventually extend the piping a bit more to tuck it behind the bumper more away from the wheel. Looked into the dry sock thing but never got round to it.

Mine stays reasonably dry using suction config below, tucked behind the arch liner, bumper and bumper tray:

PB161253.JPG[/attachment:2v4xaxkm]

Yes the engine runs better with some kind of load measurement, so the MAF sensor should remain ideally. Me and Vince tried to trick the ECU into running a MAP sensor instead of a MAF, which would solve the problem but MAP is linear and MAF isn't, so it didn't work.

I must have got through 3 or 4 MAFS during my S/C'd years due to water getting sucked in.

Does anyone read Practical Performance Car magazine?

My car is on page 90 of this months edition, in Walkers World. Small write up about how nice it was to map and that he is impressed with the quality of schimmel parts, he says parts from American tuning companys dont usually get the figures they say they will.

Hello guys, got a simple question that maybe is already posted, but I need some help as I have been trying to find the answer. I have the z-engineering supercharger on my rado, but the serpentine belt needs changing. Anybody knows the lenght of the serpentine belt? This is longer than the stock on, I read somewhere its 175 cms long, or about 69 inches. Can anybody light me up on this? It is very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Orlando

Hello guys, got a simple question that maybe is already posted, but I need some help as I have been trying to find the answer. I have the z-engineering supercharger on my rado, but the serpentine belt needs changing. Anybody knows the lenght of the serpentine belt? This is longer than the stock on, I read somewhere its 175 cms long, or about 69 inches. Can anybody light me up on this? It is very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Orlando

Not sure about the z-eng configuration but my V9 uses the "with aircon" C belt without the standard tensioner in place. I'll measure my spare tomorrow and get its ref No.

Sorry OV - no P/N [it's worn off!] but I can tell you mine is 1370mm long and I believe it's the standard 7 rib belt for C's with aircon.

Does anyone read Practical Performance Car magazine?

My car is on page 90 of this months edition, in Walkers World. Small write up about how nice it was to map and that he is impressed with the quality of schimmel parts, he says parts from American tuning companys dont usually get the figures they say they will.

Just bought the mag, Nice dyno plot 8)

540hp from 16psi must be some kind of record? :D

That should silence a few Schimmel critics, especially in America where people try and build chargecoolers with fishpond parts and slag Bill's parts off as being overpriced and pointless. Post your plot on the Vortex FI forum, light the touch paper, step back and enjoy the show :D That place is exactly the kind of forum Walker was referring to on page 92 :wink:

any pics of this graph :D

that is one serious lump you have there :norty:

edit: are we still on for the 19th, have i missed a thread on it? got a mate who really needs his G60 on there as well if possible, after spending thousands on it after last time at stealth it got something like 130bhp :lol:

any pics of this graph :D

that is one serious lump you have there :norty:

edit: are we still on for the 19th, have i missed a thread on it? got a mate who really needs his G60 on there as well if possible, after spending thousands on it after last time at stealth it got something like 130bhp :lol:

Yeah the 19th is still on AFAIK. I cleared it with Vince a week or two back. I check what time he wants us there and how much the dyno runs are going to be.

As for other cars, I originally wanted this to be just for VRT owners to get together and share ideas and compare dyno plots etc, but now I'm not sure who's defo coming or not, especially as Coullstar is now thinking of selling up!

I don't think it's worth doing with only 3 or 4 of us personally. Not fair to get Vince out of bed on a Sunday for that tbh.

What do you guys think? Reschedule for later in the year when there's more interest?

im up for waiting till later in the year... be colder to :nuts:

Indeed. And tbh, my leaking wheel is getting worse and I haven't fitted my Racelogic yet. I'd rather come up after I've fitted the Compomotives and Racelogic tbh :D I can then do some with / without TC demos around Southam :D

As for other cars, I originally wanted this to be just for VRT owners to get together and share ideas and compare dyno plots etc, but now I'm not sure who's defo coming or not, especially as Coullstar is now thinking of selling up!

I don't think it's worth doing with only 3 or 4 of us personally. Not fair to get Vince out of bed on a Sunday for that tbh.

What do you guys think? Reschedule for later in the year when there's more interest?

Im not defo selling yet, will probably still come down as if I do sell the car I can see it being a lot easier with this fitted.

yeah I was concious of you coming down the day before to get your TC fitted, so postponing the dyno day to later in the year might give you more time to make your mind up if you're keeping the car or not :D