veeDuB_Rado

Engine Clean - Good Result! :)

2 part turtlewax stuff

Supercharged

Went to Halfords last night. Nope, nowt on the shelf like this. They thought I was nuts. Picture or product code?

John at JMR did mine for me whilst the car was down there for some work and the results were amazing. The whole engine bay has also been treated with some Wurth stuff that cures with the heat of the engine. It looks amazing.

I just went a brought myself some stuff from local car place called..... Jizzer, yes thats right, jizzer!

Guy has used it and says its great, so ill try it sometime!

Right, Mr One... Here is the stuff I use, just noticed it only says turtlewax on a sticker on the box and looks like it's imported from the states and distributed by them... I bought 2 of these from halfords when they were doing 2 for 1 on turtlewax stuff (not bad 4x500ml sprays for £8)

The product code on the turtlewax sticker is 1-3961-340

The number below the main barcode is 70711 04515

It usually sits near the turtlewax stuff and next to some wheel cleaner which is also boxed like this... if you can't get it tho just by 'NV engine clean' or the autoglym engine cleaner (both pretty good and will do the part of the cleaner in this kit)

CHeers Suprecharged.

That was there at my Halfords but I was looking for a "TurtleWax" product, as that was your previous description.

Sorted.

The jizzer ill be using is in a spray type, got to do it when enigne is cold so early one morning i think, before work :(

The jizzer ill be using is in a spray type, got to do it when enigne is cold so early one morning i think, before work :(

and not one hint of an inuendo! :twisted:

I took the plunge and used a jet washer round at the local bp garage. NO real problems but I did give the dizzy cap a spray with wd40. My engine is about as clean as it can be without taking bits out and polishing them. Why oh why is the valver inlet all pitted and basically a dirt collector lol. Will give it one more try with some turtle wax stuff..

Ended up buying the Autogylm's engine cleaner today as I didn't need the finisher. Good stuff and doesn't "etch" like Gunk does. Was only doing certain areas to tidy up. Where I sprayed it got to grips and spraying with a Karcher afterwards removed all I expected.

Still don't believe the photos at the begining of this thread. Yeah the stuff cleaned the engine bay generally but a lot of the "bright" bits have been replaced.

Still don't believe the photos at the begining of this thread. Yeah the stuff cleaned the engine bay generally but a lot of the "bright" bits have been replaced.

I still think thats the wax/finisher that does that - remember stuff always looks cleaner and shinier when wet and thats the effectively what that stuff does...

Naa,

Some items are two tone colours and they're different in the second photo plus the cadium plated items are two far gone to recover like that. They've been replaced.

autosmart 101 cleaner very good for this kind of thing...about £10-15 for a 5ltr bottle that dilutes enough to last 10 yrs

on alloy bits like gearboxes and inlets...use some strong alloy wheel cleaner to freshen em up

How did that set work (CD2)?.

Only thing I can find on the web is the CD-2 engine detailer, can't seem to find the cleaner, is that the same as the Turtlewax engine cleaner or ?.

And do you just spray it on, and leave it, and then hose it off or?.

Right, Mr One... Here is the stuff I use, just noticed it only says turtlewax on a sticker on the box and looks like it's imported from the states and distributed by them... I bought 2 of these from halfords when they were doing 2 for 1 on turtlewax stuff (not bad 4x500ml sprays for £8)

The product code on the turtlewax sticker is 1-3961-340

The number below the main barcode is 70711 04515

It usually sits near the turtlewax stuff and next to some wheel cleaner which is also boxed like this... if you can't get it tho just by 'NV engine clean' or the autoglym engine cleaner (both pretty good and will do the part of the cleaner in this kit)

i used same stuff, its good .

Anyone happen to know if the cleaner is the same as Turtlewax Engine clean?.

I could only find CD2 engine detailer on turtlewax's website.

Also if you know of any sites selling this package online please to tell about it...;)

5 or so years on from the pic on page 1 and I decided to do the MK3 again this morning... now on 120k miles / 14 years old.

Only parts in the engine bay that have been changed other than service items are the coil and the cam cover breather pipe.

You've sprayed some engine dressing on that :D

Gunk degreaser alone doesn't do that. It shifts the oil sure, but it also leaves everything dry and water marks everywhere.