Sign in to follow this  
olly elworthy

olly at the nurburgring

best weekend ever, coupla pics here,,,

did 21 laps in the car and only problems were a loose lambda probe, and wrecked my front disks and pads,, :lol:

first time i have taken the rrado on track and it was awesome,,

Cool!! Me and few friends thinking of doing a weekend nearer end of the year. Wouldnt mind getting some details about the trip. You do any special prep on the car? I take you need about £600 all in for the weekend? Did you take lots of spare parts?? Have any issues with tyre wear and the drive back??

Sorry for the 20 questions

tyre wear was not too bad i have pirelli pzeros,, and they lasted well and gave good grip throughout, before going i installed a new clutch and an oil cooler, full service new brake pads etc, as i was not confident in the existing clutch and oil temp can be a prob on g60s,

i have uprated the suspension and bushes too,

due to the nature of the track you can drive round on the torque, my oil only went up to 106 on one run mainly stayed at onbly 98,, the 13 row mocal oil cooler was working excellently,

think the trip cost me £600, with two full days on track, we stayed at slidersguesthouse, an excellent place run by an english ring fanatic called bren, only about 20 mins from the track, car done about 1550 miles in total on the trip,

ask away anything you need to know,, i can point you where to find directions places to stay etc,,, anyuthing you want really,

we went in a convoy of 5 cars, and invested in some of those pmr handheld walkie talkie radios which were a godsend,

I took my full toolkit and some spare hoses, belts etc,,,

Thats excellent, sounds like SO much fun. Thanks for the advice, sounds like a good way to spend £600 I say. When I think of a few more questions Ill probably PM you if thats ok?

Cheers for the advice

yeah go for it mate, next year i will be posting up all the dates etc to try and organicse a mega convoy over there,,

for fery crossings you want hoverspeed.com, really quick crossing,,

Congrats Olly!

I was there last easter in a rent race car!

Class place, not too hard on tyres as its quite flowing fast corners, all 160 of them :lol:

i did not want to time it either for the same reason, but some of the guys with us were doing really quick laps!

last easter the gp track was open too, so the whole lap was about 18 or something miles.

Next easter is my plan for the corrado to do the ring! (hence cage and all the suspension mods :lol: )

yeah thats the way to do it, plus easter is 4 days! :lol:

i like the huge amounts of brake dust on your font wheels in the first pic, it shows you were going hard!

With my plans, i just gotta rob a bank and finsih the car :lol:

but the thing there that is funny, to me anyway, is the amount of standard looking mk2's that just fly! its great

yeah the brakes were smoking every time i came in, the passenger side front disk now has an 8mm wide groove in it!! fitting new ones at the weekend,

some of the locals know the place so well and are such good drivers it is amazing what cars you can get overtaken by!!

i might do this next year as i maybe working in germany for 9 months, i'd like to take my bike on there aswell :-)

i saw the woman on top gear in the transit ..track knowledge is all out there

i got a photo of me and the other guys with sabine, ill load it up over the next few days, along with a link to one of our club members sites which will have a full nurburgring report,

Bikes on the ring are nuts, just scarey when you see one pop up the inside in a bend and you have tyhe line, lots are injured, more than cars

@olly, i think some harder pads and higher grade fluid is required for the next time, all the lads i was there with ran pagid yellow pads which are supposed to be ceramic and they were running fine with little or no fade.

maybe next easter we might have a few corrado's there, you never know!

One of the lads is a performance car mechanic and also a pagid dealer, so just any pagid dealer, but they are a bit expencive, not sure exaclty hiow much

srf is good stuff, thats the second thing to do, and dont forget to flush the system totally.

Has anyone noticed the slave cylinder on the clutch dragging when it gets hot? almost like the clutch is slipping, this has happened to me on track

may try ferodo ds2000`s next as they are allot cheper than the pagids,,

also its a bit gutting that you cant get brembomax disks for the g60 only the std brembo ones,,

vr6 one should be up for it!

what date was it you were over? i have loads of sites that have pics of the ring

nice one olly, i've always wanted to do this, you did'nt fancy taking the mk1 with you then, i might pm you for some more info if thats cool.... c's just look so at home on a track.......