Sign in to follow this  
shawshankkid

Top windscreen tint.

Hi All, I had a new winscreen fitted yesterday,old one had a crack all the way down the middle !.....He Asked me if i wanted a green tint on the top,so i said go on then..... it says saint gobain sekurit in the bottom corner....Good screen ? And were any corrado's fitted with this type of screen from new ? anybody got the same tint ?. Cheers chris.

Sekurit is the standard OE glass manufacturer for the 'rado, but they never came from the factory with a tint.

I believe Mr. Haywire has one of the aforementioned tinted jobbies tho...

Mine has a tint on it, actually has a sticker on the window saying "Factory tint", didnt check the name though, will have a check next time I take her for a spin, which should be quite soon :)

I've just finished mine,i bought a green 'touring car' top tint which i bought from demon tweeks,good product but a word of advice if you're attempting this mod yourself,first i personally say that to get a first class job the tint has to fitted while the screens out of the car,the manufacturers state that it's just as easy fitting the tint without sreen removal,it's not,it's a pig of a job because 1,the corrado's screen is concave,meaning that you will have to cut a strip off the top of the tint inorder to achieve a straight edge,2,take the backing piece off the tint in a bath of water,then apply it to your SPOTLESSLEY CLEAN screen,if you fail to do this,as soon as you remove the backing plastic(already soaked in soapy water), without it being under water,minute dust particals will stick to the glued side which cannot be removed afterwards...,1 other thing,be carefull what tool you use to remove air bubbles/water,the film is very easily scratched.

.... it says saint gobain sekurit in the bottom corner....Good screen ?

Saint Gobain are a French company, a high quality processor of glass and other such materials. We have used their plastic seals in the aero engine I'm working on, so my guess is they will make pretty good window tints!

Well I did ask them about getting a pink top-tint, but unfortunately it does only come in green :(

yep only in green! mine had a lovely smile in the windsreen one mornin, got the option of plain or green. so went with the tint! looks cool!

how much do you pay realisticly for top tint windscreens {fitted}? cheers for help - just got 6inch crack making its way down the centre of old one now {bit worried}

when mine was replaced i was given the option as well asked for a non tint as the tinted was £50 more and i had spent aload on the rado already and im tight!!! but it came with a tint anyway and i didnt get charged the extra!!!

how much do you pay realisticly for top tint windscreens {fitted}? cheers for help - just got 6inch crack making its way down the centre of old one now {bit worried}

50 quid by claiming on your insurance.