Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

MY NEW C :)

Got this 10 days ago and i'm loving it. :)

1992 K G60

Black

90000miles

Full History

Charger Rebuild at jabbaspot 5000 miles ago

stage 4

£2500

:)

Sorrya bout the smear on the camera, my fault. :oops:

BeavisJem

Very nice, but someone appears to have abandoned it in the middle of the road, mate... ;-)

M.

Looks a real bargain, when you getting the tow bar for that Caravan :lol:

Thats first on the mod list :p

lol

Not really, the caravan belongs to my next door neighbour.

Well before i do mods i need to fix a couple of things. If anyone can give me some advice that would be great.

1. Bonnet release cable doesn't open on the drivers side. Don't quite know whats wrong with it.

2. Need to sort out the fan blower, only works on speed 4, so i am off to maplin to get a fuse, is it easy to get to the resistor pack, is there another car you can get this pack from?

3. Need the center cap for one of the bbs alloys. VW want £21 for one. :shock:

5. wiper blades are worn out and the rear squirter don't squirt, i can hear the pump but no water coms out.

5. and a couple of small dents and some stone chips to sort out and then it will be all done. :)

After this is done i will....

LET THE MODDING BEGIN

Well i think first will be some changes to the supercharger, might get it chiped and pullied, but as i am only 21 the insurance company might get a bit pricy.

Some alloys would be nice, i like the bbs rims but i would prefer some 3,4 or 5 spoke wheels. What wheel size should i go to, what will be the different between 16" or 17" rims, i know they will look a bit bigger but what about the drive.

Some sound, it still has the stock speakers in, and a nice cheap goodmans POS stereo (had 2 nicked from my golf driver :( ) that is tuned into the engine on AM, good fun when your at the traffic lights, turn up the stereo and you are rooooooooooooaaaaring :oops:

anyways, i need a nice alpine head unit because i allready have the cd changer. Where can i get one. I also would like to know how you get the speaker covers off the door cards to change the speakers, i have my nice set of components from my golf that i would like to put in, whats the size of the from speaker?

Anywyas that will do i will stop jibbering on.

Glad you liked the car

BeavisJem

Do a search on the forum for each of these subjects there will be instructions somewhere:-

The resistor pack attached to the side of the blower is the same as MK2 Golf. I got one from a scrappie to fix me blower. Easy to do!

Get some wipers and dremmel (spelling) out so that they hug the screen I bought a pair off 8vG60 darren which work great. PM him he might have some more to sell. I repainted mine and they now look new.

Also if your rear windscreen washer is not working check that the boot carpaet is not wet. This happened to mine i could hear the motor running but no water was coming out. What had happened was that where the water pipe connects to the rear wiper the platic tube had broken off. This was done under warrenty so no idea how much.

go with 5 spokes ;)

16s are a compromise between handling and appearance... 17s are just for show. 15s handle best/have better ride comfort. ok lets get into the big debate now! :lol:

ah. nice motor by the way. looks tidy and seems not much to bring it back to mint. i hear ya about the insurance.. my rates more than doubled and i was already paying an unholy amount each month! :x our insurance over here is just stupid. i'm pullin the corrado apart and rebuilding it..plan is to have it done by the time i'm 25 and my rates drop! :lol:

other than the insurance thing... you just GOTTA chip and pulley it man.. but if it will hurt youre insurance it might be best to wait. baby that charger and leave the upgrades for later... then when you're a little older wake up the beast! smaller pulley and a chip will give you loads of low down torque. lotta fun!