Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

VW styling

Interested in peoples opinions on VW's current styling efforts in comparison to previous models:

New Passat is a big lump of a thing compared to the restrained elegance of the last model

MKV Golf has lost all of the crispness of the MKIV and could just as easily be a Peugeot or Toyota

New Polo lost all cheekiness of last model and looks like its trying too hard to be a big car

Touran - has a blander car ever been made

Golf Plus seems to be the only crisp, taut looking car in the range that also has a hint of individuality about it

i think people dont like change even though it must happen , no one liked the mk3 or mk4 when they first came out

the current mk5 gti does grow on you after a while even if the price doesnt

The Mk3 and Mk4 Golfs still don't do it for me. A car's gotta be boxy, have tight corners, wedge-shaped coupe, like a Mk1 Rocco, actually :-)

Tempest

I still don't like the mark 3 and 4.

Too many modern cars look like blobs these days, just the size of yer blob varies so to speak... :wink:

I'm a complete Old skool fool when it comes to VWs but I do really like the MK5.....but....only in GTi spec and only in black. If I bought one I'd lose the humungous rear badge for a start, deck it and remove any unwanted trim.

The way cars look are customer driven. We want bigger, safer cars and with more equipment. It all adds size and weight. Can't be avoided. Look at the size of the current Range Rover compared to the original.

Would VW sell many cars if they retained 90s styling to satisfy enthusiasts? Nope.

Look what bangle has done to BMW.... a lot of them are ugly, but they still sell in droves.

I find with VW's is the styling might not be up to everyones taste but with a few right mods they can look the part.

The Corrado must be one of the only cars with styling that looks the part as standard but even then it looks better modified, still like the look of the mark 2 scirocco with the factory kit on especially in all black or white.

compared to alot of other car companys vw dont do that bad in my opinion

i like the new golf and toureg

its all down to opinions though

Im old skool too. not a fan of new cars... do like the MK3's & MK5 Golfs, passats, A4's etc.. but never catch me getting ripped of in a car show room!

The MK4's styling has really grown on me, and if you get the right wheels on it and get the right sort of drop, it looks teriffic. The VW Santa Monica's look great, and also a slammed MK4 on RS6 replicas is very nice.

But still love the angular look of the Corrado, and the MK2 Golf.. very very very classic, timeless shapes that I don't think i'll ever get bored of seeing.

all modern cars are designed with "saftey" in mind - a low steeply sloping bonnet is "safe" for pedestrians don'tcha know?

I say sod it and buy a jag XJ6-SC and fit a narwhal bone to the bonnet

NCAP that fool