Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Vr6 Top Mounts on G60

Bonjour

Im about to have a suspension kit put on my 'c' and im gonna replace the top mounts at the same time. Any advice as to which mounts to go for?...will VR6 mounts go on the G60?....is there a better mount to use?

cheers. :D

nice one soup.

they look totally different, but im assured that they fit......so i reckon im going with them.

Blue_Joe was telling me they don't fit with the Konigsport suspension...

Arse! - I have 2 waited to be fitted, hopefully Sam can confirm this...

Ah, just found the club gti thread i was after, yes as Mike says the top plate maybe needed, and also 'threaded bush' 1H0 412 365A which sits in the bearing housing I think...

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/forum_post ... top+mounts

The other part numbers are in the thread including the 'spring disk' - I think it's the early one thats needed on later VR's if fitting H&R springs..

Also spoke to a mate tonite who has fitted this to a G60 with konigsports and he confirmed it fitted ok and just had to buy the nut/threaded bush and top plate.

Not worth the hassle if you are running standard suspension IMO. I just got ordinary ones off GSF.

I am running VR6 top mounts on a G60 with FK Konigsport coilovers and its no problem at all. They last a sh1t load longer than the older style, especially the GSF ones which last about 5 mins with coilovers.

You do need the VR6 top nut, top plate (the bit you can see in the engine bay) and obviously the mount itself. The top plates come on loads of later cars, from Passats to SEAT's so just take a visit to the breakers for some.

Jay

Well, I've got 2 of the following waiting to be fitted at Stealth in a couple of weeks...

thats 2 people now that hae said they will fit a G60 with Konigsports and 2 that say they won't, so i've asked them to make sure they have some standard G60 mounts in stock also if these don't fit...

Jay, yes the GSF G60 ones that are in there at the moment are less than 2 years old (25k miles roughly) and are completly trashed!

Supercharged believe me they fit. If you don't believe me look at the photos of my engine bay, the top plates are VR6 ones and the shell is a G60. :)

Jay

Greetings all.

Pulling up an old thread here. Did a search but no joy.

Anyway i've ordered a weitec suspension kit from the man of G. I am going for VR mounts. I have everything except the spring cups thingys.

I have the top plates from a Passat in my mates yard. I have mounts n bearings (seperate)

I stripped the Passat diesel struts and took the spring cup but I don't think its what I'm looking for, Its smaller in diameter when put against the old one.

So does anybody have a part No. I just want to call the dealer then go get em when they are in.

Cheers

i fitted gsf ones and they lasted untill i put the car back on the floor. they just sank in and snapped. now i use the vr6 ones. i'm running koni coilovers. no probs. just get the kit, inc top plate . if in doute speak to steve at vw enterprise. number in mags.

Oh Sorry should have said...

Its a shocker n spring kit. I'm not into coilovers. Plus not got the cash. Sank such alot into the car. Rebuilt gearbox and driveshafts. Head rebuilt plus oilcooler and all soughts.

I will need them ti fit the shockers won't I?

Cheers

never ever had probs with the G60 ones tbh... run them with a few various suspension setups now

Depends if they were the VW G60 mounts or the GSF ones... the GSF ones are Febi Bleistein if I remember rightly. Those are the ones made of sponge pudding.

rite guys , just about to take delivery of a set of Konigsports from "yanyards" :)

i have seen advertised in venom motorsport that you can get uprated bonrath top mounts and venom do their own kits, are these any good??

Also if i am going to go for the Vr6 top mounts does anybody have any part numbers / prices for the top mount kits and the other bits i need in order to fit to the car.

I take it its best to Get VAG Vr6 mounts and not the GSF ones....