Sign in to follow this  
kenc

koni/h&r set up vs fk high sport

Been looking for a while now for a decent suspension upgrade although im tempted by the fk set up i dont really know to much about it.I often hear koni and h&r set up is the 1 2 go 4. How much is this set up and where would i purchase this from?

Also what is a better package in terms of ride handling for my 2.0 16v 94 raddo, also i want a low looking raddo to sit o my 17" azev a's.

Whats the beeter kit koni/h&r or the fk's

Depends on what you're looking for, very much a mtter of personal preferences - both set-ups are well regarded. Best advice I could offer is to try and find people who have cars equipped with the set-ups and get yourself a ride in them

I've got the Koni/H&R combo on my VR and it's definitely stiffer than standard, but it's very good and not too harsh.

The FK Highsports are apparently a bit poo and very harsh. However, the FK Konigsports (sp?) are highly regarded and I've been in Supercharged's TDI which has them on - it's very good, if a smidge harder then the Koni/H&Rs.

But the Konigsports are more expensive and the parts for a VR aren't usually the same as the 4-pot variants because the VR has a much heavier nose.

As Andy665 says tho, you gotta try them out for yourself...

Yes, as said above the HR/Koni combo seems to suit VeRa's very well but for 4 cyl cars i'd have to recommend the Konigsports, Venom Motorsport seem to do the best prices!

I've got the Koni/H&R combo on my VR and it's definitely stiffer than standard, but it's very good and not too harsh.

The FK Highsports are apparently a bit poo and very harsh. However, the FK Konigsports (sp?) are highly regarded and I've been in Supercharged's TDI which has them on - it's very good, if a smidge harder then the Koni/H&Rs.

But the Konigsports are more expensive and the parts for a VR aren't usually the same as the 4-pot variants because the VR has a much heavier nose.

As Andy665 says tho, you gotta try them out for yourself...

I have to disagree as I've got some Highsports and they are definitely not harsh at all. I would imagine the ride and handling would be better with the H&R's and Konis but you'll go lower with Highsports if that's your thang. I would have got Konigsports if I could have afforded them. You're relatively local to me so you can always drive over to mine and have a go in my car if you like.

Ah ok, sorry. I've never experienced the Highsports. Should have said that originally.

Good point though - the FK coilovers will go much lower (60mm?) than the Koni/H&Rs which are more like 30mm

Thanks for your advice people, so good points made there.

Cheers for the offer neilg60,

Isee wot people are saying you want quality spend the money.

You want low get coilovers

You want a nice ride/handling - koni/h&r set up- or a decent set of coilys

Thanks people, now its time to order new top mounts/nuts/rubbers etc from vw cant wait till she's low :D

I might have a set of H&R coilover springs going if your interested, they’d fit most other sets going (Koni/FK/KW etc) and would upgrade some other less expensive coilover sets being one of the best springs.

You want a nice ride/handling - koni/h&r set up- or a decent set of coilys

That's basically it in a nutshell. Coilovers are expensive for what they are but the more you spend on them, the better they get. Normal set ups don't get much better than the Koni/H&R setup imo.

H&R's 'comfort' coilovers are basically Koni/HR but ride height adjustable. They're not damping adjustable as they're sprung and valved to the car.....but they're abouty £800! H&R Race, Leda and Bilstein PSS9 are yet more money (over £1K) but they're pretty much for track use....

For the money, the best all rounders are the FK Koenigs.....or if you can find some s/hand H&R coillies (comfort) for less than £500, consider them also.

went for highsports on mine, best for what i wanted and the funds available! and they,re not bad at all! having said that it could only improve ride as previous owner had done a daft drop on standard shocks!

like having bricks for dampers!

must say the build quality on ems pretty good to!

I got Highsports fitted, Rides not too bad but cant go over any bumps or bumpy roads on high speeds the whole car jumps up!! Is this the same with konigsports!!

any1 got pics of Koni/H&R combo fitted just wana c the ride height!!