G60Jet

G60JET's Corrado G60 Jet (Updated 20th April)

Chip is in and the timing seems spot on, and she flys, that no lag chip is ace, press and go, seems to be running better all round, and the mpg is better too so far.

Well, The Jets gone, a Teenage dream has been and gone, I loved every minute of it.

I spent far to much money on that car keeping it on the road and modding it, but money well spend for the smile it put on my face everytime i drove it.

Its time for me to move on for a daily driver, but i've not ruled out a VR6 Project just yet. but in the short term thats a savings plan.

Sorry to hear that mate. I've just noticed you're now in market bosworth, I was working near there the other week at MIRA. I stayed in Bosworth Hall. Nice place round there, top country lanes too! It's a shame I didn't have the C.

RACK, Did you get on the Track at MIRA, there is a track controller job going there, was gonna apply :lol: Bosworth is ok, not much to do, but LOADS of pubs in the area

I always thought you & the Jet were for life ;-)

Someone got a cracker car anyhow! is it still in GB?

dan, So did I, then i moved and my life changed!!

lol... My wife & I are expecting our first child in July so, the C has to move into 'the second most important thing in my life' :wink:

Seriously, I am also considering the sale of my C... although it will be after the summer

I was working right next to the track, on the HAVOC sight. I was doing some crash tests on some motorway barriers. You could here some beastly cars going round the track. One sounded like a rally car off some sort, all you colud here was the anti-lag keeping the turbo spinning and fuel ignited out of the exhaust.

MIRA's a top place. But everything is top secret, I wasn't ever allowd my camera phone.

Have to agree with you too mate, loadsa pubs but it seems a bit quiet.

Hi mate, Thanks for the tuning help on your visit to Spain, car is really flying now. I wish you were still here with your G60 so we could do mod weekends and track days. but C'est La Vie.

see ya soon bud on my next visit to leicester in the summer!

night shot and flash removed number plate :)

IMG_1474.sized.jpg

Well Guys the Old G60jet may be coming back in style, only time will tell

the story for those that dont know

I sold the car nearly 3 years ago back in spain when i moved back to the uk (biggest automotive regret). I couldn't of never afforded to run it in the uk with no job to come back to so it had to go. It was sold to a local car nut like myself, however he only kept her for about 18months at most, before selling her on to some munter by all accounts. Well the car has turned up again, with the present owner managing to track me down.

Seems the Engine is fecked and the charger in need of a good overhaul. body wise apparently she is still sound, although the aircon is apparently fecked too.

The present owner has vowed to rebuild it, and get it back to her former glory. I've pushed him darrens way down at g-werks to get the charger rebuilt and the engine set up for the sns no lag chip it has onboard. I fear however it will be a long road to recovery for what once was my pride and joy.

Sadly the estorils have gone and its sitting on phat 9inch wide rears. pitty.

I wish all the luck to the new owner to bring her back to glory. I'd love to drive the old girl once more, i never really got change to say bye as i moved back in a hurry.

I loved this car - looked fantastic. An amazing colour - it's a pity it's not been kept in good condition and as close to original as possible.

Any other Jets on the forum?

It was sold to a local car nut like myself, however he only kept her for about 18months at most, before selling her on to some munter by all accounts. .

Mmm Be careful mate, that "Munter" is one of my mates and it was pretty Knackered when it was sold to him! He sold it 'cos the charger needed rebuilding and it was down on power, never really ran properly! Was quoted a lot of money to fix and so he sold it on!

Just be careful who you call "Munters" as I certanily dont appreciate my mates being called it, Alright :p

to be frank, if your mate is the same guy tried to sell the car back to me twice before bringing it back to the uk, all the time telling me how good the still car was, yet days after saying no due to having storage issues, i kept getting asked how to fix this fix that. All the stuff that was wrong with it. now this is the same person that told me it was in great nick! oh yeah and he advertised the car on here for sale using MY two year old pictures, which he had no right to use. so in my book he's a munter!

As for a charger rebuild thats every 40k on a g60 with a smaller pulley. and its only £355.00 i believe.

i wasnt best impressed when i got the car and found the engine been down on power due to loss of 10 bar on cylinder 3 and charger bein dead but it all getin done and i was told it was just electrical thing if ppl sell dodgy cars comes bak to em sooner or later i never got it from darlo way thou so looks life few ppl passed it on, but ill get it sorted and looks like mite be only one around anyway so all better for me, just shows how little the ppl who bout cars and how easy ring and stuff can be done

Saw the old girl at GTI INTERNATIONAL today. She looks a very sorry state of her former self

Looks like she needs some serious tlc. I was totally heart broken to see a car that I spent so many hours looking after so tired.

Original special edition estorils missing and replaced with some bbs centre cap less rims that looked like they hadnt been cleaned in year.

Good to see she'd been on the quarter mile though.

It was good to see some nice Corrado's about though.

Really like these . When Sunderland was selling or replacing the lump , I was saving for the paint on my VR . I came close to buying it .