Sign in to follow this  
g60griff

TT competition rims

getting these rims and i was wondering what size tyre is best. Is it 215/40/17 or 205/40 or 205/45. or is there another combination, i know that they are coming with the tyres on but they are too big. right?

205/40/17 for sure but i have seen 195/40/17 and they look really nice but i think the tyre costs nearly 100.00 a corner

il get some prices. How much do you reckon i should sell the nearly new tyres what come with the wheels for. cant remember the size of them.

Hi m8.. I thought G60's were 4stud?? TT rims are 5 stud...??

you doing a 5stud conv to get them on yr car??

they'll probably catch a little depending on the offset of the 17's

Offset is 38 I think, is it worth going from 205/40/17 to 215/40/17 or should I just leave it?

On the rears I was thinking definitely 215/40/17, maybe 225/40/17 but need to see those in action before I do that.

i'd stick with the 205's to be on the safe side, should be ok with and et38 wheel, but as i say the 215's may well catch a little. Not sure about the rears, i know theres more clearance so you may well be able to run 225's

i was going to do the 5 stud conversion, but its £150 for the adaptors so unless someone has the lot disks included to do the swap for £150 il just stick to the adaptors.

The 215 `s will rub on full lock but they will be fine for normal everday use.Course it depends if the car is lowered and if so by how much?

215s catch on standard rear arches, ET 35, 40 mm drop. Stick with 205/40s as said already. The fronts are OK, but if the rim is 8", you might find it rubs on the inner arch at full lock.

7.5 x 17 with 205/40s, ET35 is spot on for a VR with unrolled arches up to about a 60mm drop.

I can second that. My 8x17s with 215s rubbed on the back slightly and i didnt want to enter the arch/will it go rusty afterwords zone. Was only slight though so i'd go 205s and you'll be laughing mate.

on a g60 4 x100. usig 20mm adapters all round.? tt rims are et32 so looking at et12. even with 205 40 17 they rub on the back. and will cut the tyres up. if you use 5 stud disks then no adapter et 32 .good. fronts should be fine. dont be temted to run 215's. more expensive and no benifit. toyos 205's 40's allround sweet..

so let me get this right g60bv. use five stud disks on the rear to convert to 5 stud but adaptors on the front. the adaptors that i have seen are available in 25,30 or 35mm. will these still give the wrong et?

erm yes they will be too big. unless you change your design of wheel and a et of say 40., i got some 20mm ones. and they are a bit too big. the only other way is to get some 5 stud hubs Complete. and drive shafts. this is a perminate way but more grief. ask daz (g-man) he may still be able to get some 20mm adapters.??

so what will i need to convert the front. hubs and driveshafts. do my calipers and carriers fit to 5 stud hubs. also which hubs and driveshafts can i use, does it have to be corrado vr ones or can i use the vr ones off the golf or even the gti ones. i will get new discs anyway so it doesnt matter about that.

205/40/17's

104789753.jpg

103805096.jpg

104789768.jpg

too narrow, look how far the rim sticks out on that last pic.

Get your arches pulled and fit some 215s or 225/35's

Is there any other way to fit the tt rims with, say 215s as opposed to 205s (on a VR) without having the arches pulled? I dont really fancy having the rim protruding beyond the tyre - sometimes the missus drives the car... Whathas anyone else done. Oh and PHAT, the car does look superb :wink:

My 7x17's had 205's, front & rear, profile 40. Springs 40mm low.

Only minor rubbing at front on the inside of the arch (not outside).

Choosing between profile, 40 or 45, you must remember that you're increasing the diameter of the entire wheel, as its 45% of 205. Then gets bigger still on a 215 if you take 45% of that. This measurement added on to the wheel size of 17" - means that all these different setups can affect your speedo by a couple mph, mine under read by 1mph, so reading 40mph meant an actual speed of 41. Its very minor, as if you read the manual for possible settings, its all over the place.