Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Painting Calipers....

Am doing brake disc / pads / bearings, etc this week and thought would give the calipers a good scrub up and a lick of paint....

Im after a 'OE' look therefore which colour would you go for?

Bronze?

Silver?

Car is aqua blue....

Cheers

Scott

RED is so tacky and OTT!!!! :lol: :lol:

I painted them red on my old Astra GTE and hated them *:)

I believe they come bronze as new?

I would mix the bronze and silver...

One each side?!? :shock: :wink: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist it...

I am gonna do mine gold, - think would look sweet on a dark blue car...Talking of which, does anyone know where you can get gold caliper paint or very high temp paint?

all i used was smooth hammerite spray,it good for high temps and costs a third less then caliper paint!! :) :)

Yup thats what I plan on using - smootherite - used it on previous car and lasts years!!! - especially if give it two coats.

I'm not sure about gold - I think silver would be better...

Going to try it today when I do the brakes - if I dont like then I'll be changing the colour *:)

Missus says silver..... :shock:

go with the missus (if you'll excuse the pun :shock: )

Aqua Blue & silver are good together. (Change your red VR6 badges for silver ones too :p and you'll be there... never really liked the red ones. :) )

I totally agree mate but am having problems trying to find the silver VR6 badges!!!

I wouldnt mind getting silver CORRADO for the back too.... and new VW badges too!!!

Scott, You can have my badge, its the crome look VR6 as my car goes into the body shop on Friday to have it de seemed and de badged and possibly the roof flushed - the plastic roof rack strips. Thats all they are.

Yup, I know that when it rains and I open my window I will get wet but I get wet with the slight rail there so all I need to do in the is apply the breaks hard and force the rain off the car.

It should look different as thats the look I want but keeping it subtle and clean.

Let me know what you think. I was told that a german chap did it and it looked wicked and really unusual so I hope its worth doing. It should add to the smooth, clean look im after.

hell ya man. i'm picking up a shell next week, stripping it down completely, shaving everything and building it back up. no badges, logos, roof strips, rear wiper, side mouldings, side markers, door handles, etc etc.. hey if i was being realistic i'd shave the gas door too..with all the work i want done i doubt i'll ever get to actually driving it, who needs gas?? :D

i'm getting an oettinger kit with it as well... still undecided as to whether or not i'll fit that. i like the stock look, i think i will just sell the kit.

G60, Sounds nice! Project C! Just dont get board of it and half finish it. Go right to the end other wise the guy you sell it too will be crusing one nice smoooooth C!

Think smoothing the roof strips is a great idea...and i've seen C's with the seems and badges off the back and it looks smart.

If yours looking for a cheap quick smoothing effect, just loose that rear wiper and fill the hole with a rubber gromet. Makes the spoiler look even better in that rear view!

16valver, It would look better but I always have like having the rear wiper there. It helps when needing to see if its a police car or a taxi when gunning it.

It may have to come off if it looks out of place. I like the Evo and scobbie idea for their rear wiper, its attached to the windscreen and quite dinky! I doubt that I could mod that to work?

Red calipers can look good if they are a nice silky deep red like the Porsches etc. The brembo calipers are red and they look sweet but they have to be cleanined all the time.

If you keep your rear window heated up everything falls straight off it. So you can spot them pork chops with ease..... :lol:

Not the best pic but my rear wiper is off and the hole is gromit-filled. Calipers are red but whoever done it did a poor job and they nee re-done. Think I'll keep 'em red :twisted:

Cheers Rams :D Needs a respray and some big (but light) alloys :evil: Then it will be on the road to being the way I want it. I'm also getting rid of the exhaust cause it's massive. Want to get the car looking standardish and that spoiler on the rear bumper has to go!