Sign in to follow this  
Trig

trig's 94 OBD2 VR6 - New Wheels!!!! (...finally)

I am trying - these foreigners keep taking them all! ;) Yep 15mins is about right, have you got a job yet?

Cnut, that's another thing on the list, need to get one off eBay...

Ha, i'm still a Celt though! :wink:

I've got a couple of interviews lined up, really schitty jobs, but coming down here certainly wasn't a career move, just gotta pay the bills and get a raddo first, then think about what business to set up when i'm settled.

Pictures taken today, also February calendar entries (vote trig ;) ). Taken on Polzeath beach, can't be many beaches that are as dead as this in the winter and as busy as it is in the Summer! I had to run to pull the car forward straight after taking the first one as the tide came in very quick. Would have been one hell'ava picture if the sea washed my car away! :shock:

Corrado now sporting a black grill badge (who needs engine conversions ;) ).

Looks nice man, really nice, although surly to enter the comp the car has to be road legal ? :wink: :lol:

I was down at Holywell Bay yesterday, it was packed! (( ignore date on pic,my cams wrong! ))

looks great, you got some nice photographing skills there, trigger. Really like how you modify your car without really modifying it. if you know what I mean.

Walesy, I thought for a sec then you'd chopped my car out of that picture, very similar conditions! Yeh she's a rebel of the law! Decided I wont bother taxing her until March so I can get a full months and my moneys worth! :)

selbekk, thanks mate. :) I'm trying not to go too extreme. I'm thining about tinting the rear lights all red & doing the front & rear VR6 badge red then getting red MK4 calipers when I upgrade the brakes... Not sure yet though.

Nicw work mate, that my new wallpaper for work!

Back light idea sounds bang on, i fecking hate my crystal rears, they are rubbish quality and look pants! So ill be joining you when i find a mint set of original rears for a good price.

Classey motor, jsut right and ive allways loved the black headlight mod.

i love his snow pick aswell. Spanked mine at the weekend but gave up trying to find anything interesting as a back drop!!

this car just looks great in all the pics....

am really beginning to like green ones.... :)

whats next on your list to do Trig?

Thanks a lot guys means a lot as you all have lovely cars as well! :)

scarlett, next is the OBD2 conversion @ Stealth in April, i'm taking her up a week before the RR, that will clear me out financially for a while! I'm also thinking of getting spring caps and lowering the rear a notch (a la NickVR6) because she is just a smidge too high at the moment - will probably attempt this myself... :oops:

Maybe within the next year i'll get the seats retrimmed, right now i'm thinking about black leather with green piping :) I would also like a peloquin LSD and gearbox rebuild. By the times that's done i'll probably be 25 so i'll either get her supercharged or depending on the state of the engine - get a 24v or R32.. 8)

I also really want a set of those speedlines kev has got I think they look fantastic, once I have them I can fit some 312mm brakes.

So yeah, i've got a lot planned, but as with everyone it's only the money slowing us down!

Trig, I have just had a major flashback! Is yours the rado that was parked on the side of the road just down from the Barrowfield Hotel(cant remenber the road name!) for sale? If so I drove past 3 times and stopped to take the phone number coz I thought it was that nice!!!

Barrowfield in Newquay? I'm afraid not, think my rado's only been to Newquay once before and I didn't park it there.. :)

Yeah in Newquay, Perhaps not! It was totally identical to yours and was for sale at around the same time you bought yours! See thats what happens when you add 2 and 2 together!

There's a woman on here from Newquay with a luuurvly green Vr6 with black leather, It might be hers veedub-g60,

I bought mine from Exeter and it had previously been up t'country somehwere or other. Would have been good if it was mine though!

Sneak preview of what i've been doing all weekend...

Pictures with them back on coming tomorrow. :)

The colour match is even better than that picture does it justice. I used Savage paint as recommended by gradeAfailure it took 7 coats over the orange and I then put a couple of coats over the red as well to get the colour spot on. I've done a Wiki article on it as well:- (not finished yet)

http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.p ... ear_Lights

iow_corrado_g60, you mind we get to Stealth in one piece mate, I can't miss out on dinkus' cooking!

Trig,

Ya take a cracking photo. need to take a leaf outta your book in the old photo stakes. will be interested to see how your rear lense mod turns out :wink:

looking good blue :D

K-rado, thanks dude :)

iow_corrado_g60, I know mate - it's cool ;)

Not sure exactly what is involved in the conversion, that's why i'm paying Vince! The whole management of the engine will be changed, new TB, MAF, Inlet Mani, engine loom & ECU. No more ISV :). At worst i'm hoping for better fuel economy and no more stalling. At best.. who knows!

Ok here ae the tinted lights fitted! Really happy with them, thinking about getting a red VR6 grill badge to match them now & eventaully when I upgrade my brakes i'll have red painted calipers :cherry:

Excuse the bird crap on the garage wall!