Sign in to follow this  
woody

Brake Problem

Brake rubbing at rear of 1991 C. Does anybody know whether Golf calipers fit the C. Mk2 or Mk3 :(

I remenber reading somewhere that if you try and fit MkIV calipers they have a different fixing for the brake line or handbrake (the word butterfly) seems to mean something. Anybody help!!!!

Fixed problem, when mechanic changed the CV joints last week must have knocked the metal sheild behind the front disk which was rubbing against the disk making noise. Problem fixed in 10 mins and no money spending required. Thanks all for your input.

Admin please lock thread

Mk4 rear alloy calipers will fit directly to the existing carriers and will accept the same pads. The only mod required is to the brake lines, given that all the late VW, Seat and Skoda cars use a banjo caliper connection as opposed to screw in conventional seated pipe. The way i accomodate this situation is to discard the complete trailing arm hard brake line and flexi. I replace this in turn with the late model item, which comes as a one piece affair and fits to the trailing arm as before. The alloy calipers in my opinion are the best replacement part for anyone in need of new calipers for whatever reason. These are far more resistant to all the usual problems suffered by the cast units, in the same way as the ATE alloy rear brake compensators have proven to be. Furthermore there is now an alloy caliper that will accept vented discs, yet again the VAG part bin provides the goodies.

Cheers john, :D

Thanks for the advice yesterday, much appreciated

I am going stick with what i have got for a while. "If its not broken why have you got the wheel's off, again"