Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

What Oil Temp Does Your G60 Show At Motorway Speed?

Recently my C is showing around 118c and 120c at 80-90 mph, though this has been at night and apparently having the lights on can upset the MFA readings. So what are your G60s showing at motorway speeds?

Mine never shows over 110 no matter how much i boot it and I have a very heavy right foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havin said that am doing a marathon to glasgow from the sunny south west next month TOUCH WOOD and it all might change

:lol:

Same here Shilakadaddy

Me too, makes the mpg show about 16 also, after 10 miles or so :)

usually between 110 and 116 when i'm doing 70 - 80 mph.

i've had a mocal oil cooler waiting to be fitted for months but never got round to it!

oops lol

Mine reaches 118 to 122 at 65-75 mph but taking it over 80 and upwards it gets to 126+ used to never go above 116 or 118 tho no matter what time of day or night! Even booting it a bit.

Took it to steve at pitstop and had a good look at it, but he seemed to think it wasn't too much to worry about after some tests.

Maybe a mocal in future? :roll:

I have just fitted (well Gav did) a 68mm Pulley to my G60 to replace the blown one, this has had a massive effect on the oil temperature.

I used to see 104-110 C around town, 110-114 C at motorway speeds and up to 120 if really booting it.

Now I am looking at 110-114 C around town and 118-124 C on the motorway. Havent dared boot it yet...well, not for long periods....

I think I am going to have to go for a Mocal as well when I have a bit of cash.

I think the above posters need to consider what mods they have done...and see if there is a pattern with oil temp.

After a 1600 mile round trip and I was booting it as havnt had much of a chance to open her up in cornwall still didnt see anything over 110.

Being pretty crap at mechanicals how do I tell if it already has an aftermarket oil cooler fitted as everyone seems to thingk it should run hotter than this at high speeds?

With my old setup (68mm pully, chip, FMIC, supersprint exhaust, that was basically it) 120 degrees was no exception, even at normal (120-140km/h) speed. If I would floor it, the temperature could easily get to 130. My charger probably wasn't very happy about that.

After having placed a 268/276 cam my temperatures already dropped by 10 degrees, not having changed anything else. Probably due to the better extraction of the hot exhaust gasses.

And after mounting an external oilcooler the problem was totally gone. I could drive 180+ for an hour on the Autobahn, 30+ degrees outside and no problems with oiltemperature what so ever.

I think the above posters need to consider what mods they have done...and see if there is a pattern with oil temp.

blimy. i never seen more than 118'c. after a real good booting with the standard cooler.

oil temp on the motor way is usually only 80'c at 80.