Sign in to follow this  
Roger Blassberg

Today's Telegraph

The idiotic grin and the rather ill-advised hat, these should have been a clue to mentality of "Honest John". Now he has confirmed it.

"The Hyundai ( 2.0 coupe) is quite a nice car to drive, a bit like a VW Corrado........"

:shock: :roll: :cry: take your pick.

Best wishes

RB

Someone take me outside and shoot me.

Comparing a Hyundai with a 'rado is like saying a metro is well built..

Comparing a Hyundai with a 'rado is like saying a metro is well built..

And also describing it as " quite a nice car "

In the current "affordable" coupe market the Hyundai is actually petty good - 2.0 is gutless but the V6 is a damn good car for the money - still would not buy one though

i dont care how nice they actually to drive ffs it's a hyundai !!! shouldn't go in the same sentence as corrado apart from mayby "my corrado is better in all aspects than your hyundai".

i wonder if hyundai payed for it to be compared to a c haha

I've heard all the motoring jornos say good things about the hyundai coupe. Comparing the corrado, a 15 year old car, to a brand new highly rate coupe is no great insult.

About a year ago there was a letter in the Telegraph to Honest John from a bloke looking for drive shafts for a 94 VR6 (if I remember rightly), but he was moaning about VW dealers and looking for enthuastic and independant help.

Honest John recommeded he looked for the CCGB on the net, or other VW clubs, but did say the Corrado VR6 was one of his all time favourites.

So I think perhaps he was complementing the Hyundai to a motoring legend :)

If you are talking about the NEW hyundai coupe then thats not too bad- It got rave reviews when it came out- people said it looked like a baby Ferrari (though I thought that might have been a bit far)

If its comparing it to the older Hyundai then yes- we've got problems!

The older Hyundai was a bit of a let down, as much as I love my C, I do get the sense that a few people on this forum may have slightly rose tinted glasses on, it is a great car, but not without it's flaws, like any other car.

The new Hyundai is actually quite a good drive, handles really well, good feedback and has that "grin" factor. So ok it may be a Hyundai, that doesn't mean it's a bad car to drive.

easy on guys, My little bro has one of these and im sad to say it but its a cracker of a car. never had any problems it looks good to. (oh his engine mount was squeeking so he sprayed it with WD :lol:)

nice or not nice, still dont think they should have mentioned Corrado in the same sentence. Ah well, hey ho! Im about to wash mine in a little while soon as the hangover wears off, and take it for a little blast. What better way to start your sunday!

surely this is a compliment to the corrado?

All i've read about the new coupe is that it drives really well, is it so hard to imagine that Hyundai can produce a dynamically comparable car to a 15 year old VW?

Ok I wouldn't have one based on the looks and the fact its a hyundai, call me a snob if you like but it doesn't stop it being a good car.