Sign in to follow this  
rbbeng60

heavy duty engine mounts front mount finished

What does anyone think me and my mate (Coolrado) have been busy making some new engine mounts.

Got the polys cheap from a local company and I made the rest in work out off 316 stainless steel . They might be a bit heavy but will do the job ,well better than the standard ones.

Hears a pick of the gearbox mount

Yeah we'd all be interested I tyhink!!!!! I need a new front engine mount as I keep ripping my front enigine mount bracket using my solid front engine mount - Toooooo much Torque I think!!

we are still working on the front mount as the way it mounts onto the front chassis rail is quite difficult and time consuming to manufacture but we will post some pics up of that soon.

at the moment the rear right mount is mounted in the casing of a standard engine mount which we pressed the centre out of but we will be looking into ways of manufacturing them from scratch soon

when i get my car back from the bodyshop this week i will be putting the mounts through their paces.

there are a few different grades of the poly bushes to choose from but we have gone for the ones that are slightly harder than the original rubber.

my front engine mount bracket had started to rip apart with a standard mount so it is probably worth getting them reinforced before fitting any other mounts.

we are still working on the front mount as the way it mounts onto the front chassis rail is quite difficult and time consuming to manufacture but we will post some pics up of that soon.

at the moment the rear right mount is mounted in the casing of a standard engine mount which we pressed the centre out of but we will be looking into ways of manufacturing them from scratch soon

when i get my car back from the bodyshop this week i will be putting the mounts through their paces.

there are a few different grades of the poly bushes to choose from but we have gone for the ones that are slightly harder than the original rubber.

my front engine mount bracket had started to rip apart with a standard mount so it is probably worth getting them reinforced before fitting any other mounts.

I have a fully dimensioned drawing for a solid front mount if it helps?

keep up the good work, really think your onto something big here,,,

and most importantly let us all know when your going to run off a set and some prices too,, :thumbleft:

i think he means R2D2 helps make them :lol:

nah, but he does carry the beer :drinking: http://www.hasbro.com/r2droidfactory/

if you have never seen one of these they are a bit like the bigtrack toys from years ago but with voice recognition, it even plays the "help me obi wan kenobi, your my only hope" message, dances to the cantina music, memorises a course to follow as well as loads of other stuff. :dorky:

we are just big kids really :lol:

Thank to all for the encouraging comments ive done shit loads of drawings and come up with 3 good mounts for g2 platform. Once ive finished these properly I will move on to vr6 mounts so I might need some old one if anyone has any around to take measurements and start drawing again. Hopefully I will get these on the market ive had a lot of interest and I hope I will be able to supply them to g-werks as they have shown interest and are a honest company.

I will keep everyone informed on the progress

Thank to all for the encouraging comments ive done **** loads of drawings and come up with 3 good mounts for g2 platform. Once ive finished these properly I will move on to vr6 mounts so I might need some old one if anyone has any around to take measurements and start drawing again. Hopefully I will get these on the market ive had a lot of interest and I hope I will be able to supply them to g-werks as they have shown interest and are a honest company.

I will keep everyone informed on the progress

You have mail