Sign in to follow this  
Bally

What insurance group is the C in?

1.8 16v

2.0 16v?

just rung me insurance company, to tranfers my policy over to a 2.0L would cost em £148, thing is it runs out in Nov!! :roll:

taking the piss me thinks!

v expensive. quite a few post on insurance quotes about. give um a read.

think the Valve is a 16, G60 17-18, VR6 19. could be wrong. area dependent really too.

My girlfriend moved house and her insurance went up nearly £180 for the last 3 months of her policy. That was on a Punto (1.2 I might add) and she went from ungaraged in the middle of nowhere to city centre (almost) with a garage. Very area dependent are the insurence bastids. Think the G60 is 17, VR 18 and storm 19 but not 100%. My golf gti 8v was group 15 but every insurance company classes it differently. :p

One thing will tell you is that when I was phoning around for quotes the cheapest quotes I was getting was for the 1.8 16V.....

Followed by the G60...

then the 2.0 16V

and then the VR6...

So Im pretty sure age has something to do with the quotes!!!....

But now Im only paying £700 fully comp on my VR6 8) :lol:

Thats pretty much what I said then *:)

I'd take a G60 ober the 16v *;)

What's even worse is seeing the cars you share the group with, including a boxster, elise & VX220...and an Impreza Turbo FFS :shock:

...still I wouldn't take any of them over mine... 8)

...although if anyone wants to swap their VR, I could be tempted :lol:

DtM.

cheers for replies guys, so looks like I'll be paying a little more to have a C, oh well... if thats what it takes! :D

Adrian Flux is who im with and they class the VR6 as group 16teen!! I said to her that HIC had it classed as 18 and she said yeah, different insurers use different gradings so thats why I got a better quote than HIC. The funny thing is, HIC and Adrian FGlux use the same insurer just a different broker and HIC their team earn comission on every sale so watch out for when you run through what the car has as sometimes they dont put it all down on the quote. With my friend they asked him what mileage he would do and he said 10 thousand a year and they noted it down to 7 to reduce the cost of his policy. Just read through the proposal sheet carefully.

Adrain Flux give you the lowest price first as they dont earn comission.

using flux for the vr and seem very helpfull with mods etc.

Not had any problem as yet and they spanked everyone elses quote.

cheers

I think when changing cars the insurance company takes an 'administration' fee.

I have had bout 7 cars now and every time i get one its always half way through a year and i get stung time for a fee.

Basically this is a fee (anywhere between 65 and 150 sheets) the erk's in the company charge to change your records plus a little bit of profit as they know you dont want to lose a years no claims for the sake of a few months left on the policy.

Well Chris Knott has come through for me time and time again.... usually £200 cheaper than nearest competitor

well for now I'll have to stick with the company I'm with (till nov), when its up for renewel I'll shop around!

This hard to believe but true!

I'm with Admiral and maybe it's because of the area i'm in but they have grouped my VR as a group 21! i was always only aware that it went to group 20.

Chris

Is it not because it's 'charged and has a little NOS? :twisted: Or did you forget to mention those to them? :p

What i cant understand is why the 2.0 16v is in a higher group than the 1.8 16v when its slower.

its not so much the speed that it comes down to........just more than likely the fact that the 2.0 16v being newer will have a higher "book" value as its the 1.8's replacement