Sign in to follow this  
_Monkey

Paintless Dent Removal

Sorry if it's been covered before, but one of these guys was at a TSR rolling road day today. Was doing an offer for 25 quid a pannel. He managed to get all the parking dents out along the swage line(!) and a crease outta the bonnet that's been there since i owned the car!

In short, these guys rock! :thumbleft:

I've heard these guys can do some great work, I had a small dent removed once from an Audi A4 on the drivers door after the dealership manged to dent it when it was in for a service and you'd never know it had been there. Must get the c done, got a few car park dings but not surprising I guess after 10 years.

He was beating at it for ages!

Well worth the money on my opinion, especially seeing i'd been quoted a silly amount of money by a bodyshop for the bonnet alone (about £120) and he done it for 25 quid!

They press out the dents from the inside, then hit it back from the outside with all kinds of hammers, it's more like art!

So how do they do it?

Basically they have special tools which they use on the inside of the panel to push the dent out. I've been told in some cases they run a tool back and forth over the dent and it starts pushing out. Although it sounds like they did a bit of panel beating on g60daves bonnet. As long as the paint isn't damaged and the panel isn't too heavily creased then can usually get the dent out.

I had 4 taken out of one side of my 8v, they have a tool that they tap away on next to the dink untill it dissapears, sometimes they don't need to get to the inside of the panel, they didn't on the rear quarter with mine. Make sure you use a firm that's recomended. The guys I used have a really good name localy and charged me £40 for the side...excellent value for money...worth it every time I looked at the car. I found dinks were like a spot on ur face...you always notice it far more than other's do becasue you look straight at it.

He was beating at it for ages!

*snigger*

I also keep misreading this thread title as 'pointless dent removal' for no apparent reason.

Sadly, I think the many scrapes, dents and gouges on my C are beyond the help of paintless removal, but I've heard really good things about quite a few of these guys.

Just got my car back from the bodyshop. I had a bit of a bash from a Transit, and I asked Gemini in Bristol to quote on dent removal of one biggy on the driver's door waistline, and a nasty couple across the front wheel arch. They quoted £395+VAT. I said that was too much. Picked the car up today, and they had done the work! I was nervous about getting in an argument, but they never even mentioned it. Top stuff. But yeah, the driver's door dent might as well have never been there.

Where abouts in the South West are you?

You might be able to use the same guy i did:

Paul Warren 07886 884144 or 01823 271554

Just got my car back from the bodyshop. I had a bit of a bash from a Transit, and I asked Gemini in Bristol to quote on dent removal of one biggy on the driver's door waistline, and a nasty couple across the front wheel arch. They quoted £395+VAT. I said that was too much. Picked the car up today, and they had done the work! I was nervous about getting in an argument, but they never even mentioned it. Top stuff. But yeah, the driver's door dent might as well have never been there.

So you didnt pay for it?

*snigger*

I also keep misreading this thread title as 'pointless dent removal' for no apparent reason.

Sadly, I think the many scrapes, dents and gouges on my C are beyond the help of paintless removal, but I've heard really good things about quite a few of these guys.

me too :lol: :lol:

So you didnt pay for it?

That just goes to prove that they overcharge.... as if it was that much work no way they'd have forgotten to put it on the bill ;)

I used Dents Plus, who drove over and pushed out various dents along the door lines and even one in the bonnet (that I couldn't see) for about £120.

I thought this was really good as they spend about 2-3 hours doing it and the car looked spottless afterwards.

I would highly recommend them.

They used what looked life very long screwdrivers with rubber bungs on the end of them and took there time going around the dents and slowly in so not to crack the paint.

I work in Shepton ;)

:oops: Sorry I forgot!!! Yeah he'd be right in your area then!

By the way, good luck getting to work tomorrow, just come from there and it's a fu