Stan 24v

Definitive 24v into a (VR) Corrado thread

thanks mate, the v6 4motion one right? is there anything else needs transferring? ive read like oil pressure switches?? mark at swict doing the wiring so will he sort the rest? thanks

you have my mobile number if you wanna discuss this, but the wiring will be made ready to allow for the oil temp/pressure sensors to work. so take these off the vr6.

4motion golfs have the parts you need. check out my build thread. it should have part numbers needed.

I will get round to doing the r32 build guide one day i promise

the bracket and tensioner numbers vw gave me for the 2.8 v6 4motion are:

bracket 022 260 087 d

tensioner 022 145 299 d......

also is everybody running the 24v pas pump pulley....vw parts gave me the following pulley: 038 145 255 b.....cud somebody please confirm if this is the correctone. thanks

the bracket and tensioner numbers vw gave me for the 2.8 v6 4motion are:

bracket 022 260 087 d

tensioner 022 145 299 d......

also is everybody running the 24v pas pump pulley....vw parts gave me the following pulley: 038 145 255 b.....cud somebody please confirm if this is the correctone. thanks

I dont have etka here at work, but I can check the part number when I get home. I ordered a 4motion pulley and used the 12V PAS pump. The pulley is a nice bit of aluminium so may give a the engine a tiny bit less inertia to fight with.

it's moments like this i realise how bad this "definitive guide" is! I must get my ar%e into gear and do a write up of parts ive used and how to put it all together. However, by the time I do, the r36 will be the engine of choice.

lol true!! no but in all honesty the work done by yourself and others and ur contibutions are what made me sure i could make this work, so thank u....if any1 is to blame its vw with their unhelpful parts workers in some towns!!

Im using 24v pas pump

hmm, interesting. didnt realise the 24v had the same connections. I didn't have one on the engine to compare. The benefit of the 24v pas is that its newer and maybe quieter?

hi sam, have u any pics or tips/instructions on how u fabricated the front mount bracket to retain the r32 oil cooler? thanks

Im using 24v pas pump

hmm, interesting. didnt realise the 24v had the same connections. I didn't have one on the engine to compare. The benefit of the 24v pas is that its newer and maybe quieter?

The 24V pas pump runs a higher pressure than the 12V one for the later style racks, you might be ok, but it might give you rack problems later on. Also it takes different pas fluid.

Im using 24v pas pump

The 24V pas pump runs a higher pressure than the 12V one for the later style racks, you might be ok, but it might give you rack problems later on. Also it takes different pas fluid.

How strange,been on the car 2yrs now without any probs

The difference might be minimal Karl, shouldn't worry about if it hasn't gone wrong yet, I know others have had problems.

does anyone have any picture or info on the best way of fitting the accelerator peadal?

cheers mort

hey mort, there is a bracket you can buy from the dealers which you fix to the floor by drilling and bolting down and then the pedal has plastic clips which attach to the metal studs on this. however i dint like how high this made the pedal sit so i chopped the plastic mounting locations of wuth a saw and used black countersunk screws into the plastic. holds perfectly

hey mort, there is a bracket you can buy from the dealers which you fix to the floor by drilling and bolting down and then the pedal has plastic clips which attach to the metal studs on this. however i dint like how high this made the pedal sit so i chopped the plastic mounting locations of wuth a saw and used black countersunk screws into the plastic. holds perfectly

what he said! ^^^

one thing i will say though i to take your time when choosing exactly where to mount it. if i hadn't broken my car, the first thing on my list was to move the pedal to another, more comfortable position.

it sounds really obvious, but something like that will make a massive difference to how it feels to drive - make sure you get it right!

yh i have the pedel and bracket i got from vw in front of me its got 2 pins and 2 holes in the plate is this the correct one?

cnt see how they go together really or am i being simple?

mort

the 2 pins from the bracket push into the plastic clips in the pedal and lock in.....the clips are often broken when the pedal is emoved so could be why ya cant figure it out...the 2 holes are to mount the bracket to the floor.

I bought the bracket from vw to fit the pedal but on inspection of the pedal I found that the clips on the tabs had broken so I fitted the pedal through the hole at the rear of the pedal and use that threaded brass type thing thats under the carpet to secure it down. Not perfect but holds it for now until I can get an new pedal. The brass thingy was originally used on the car to hold the pedal travell stop, as its no longer needed for drive by wire I used it to secure the new pedal.

this mint have been meationed in some part of all the posts , regards fitted a 24v , ive fitted 2 not didnt use the 24v i used the 12v vr6 loom (just had no vvt contected started ran fine)

then i turboed one r32 head 2.8 block with standalone runing 20psi with good results again no vvt

i then alterd the camshafts so i could run the idenical timing as a 12vr6 :D and transformed the engine

ive a few pictures of these on the laptop if anyone needs them , might help, if anyone prefs this way?

I'm putting an R32 in my mk2 (currently a 12v) and just need the tensioner and manifold/downpipe to complete my collection of bits.

Are the 4 motion and VR6 tensioners the same?

I could also do with some advice about stuff to remove. There is the vacuum system that fixes the the front of the inlet manifold, could anyone tell me what that is and if I can remove it.

Also the secondary air system, i've removed the big pump and bracket from the front of the engine but what about the other part to it under the throttle body?

Thanks.

The vaccum system on the front of the inlet is for the variable inlet manifold, down't remove it unless you are going turbo! Blank off the bit by the throttle body. Not sure on the tensioner, use VAGCAT.com