Sign in to follow this  
Tom B

It looks like I'm gonna be hanging around here a lot...

Well, after about 17 years of wanting a Corrado, I finally got one!

I was all set on buying Rossco's but I was unable to get it. I decided to make myself feel better by looking on Auto Trader, and a Tornado Red G60 turned up 15 miles away for £2600. I rang up and the owner said that the price was actually wrong and should've been £2395! Nice! :D

I went up and had a look at it, and it wasn't bad! It does have a lot of lacquer peel on the sides of the car but I'm in the motor trade so I can get that sorted. Also, the fanbelt was squeaking like anything, so I will get all the belts changed next weekend. It has some shitty Mini One pepperpot wheels with 175/65/R15s on, so I need to change them soon! What size tyres should the G60 have?

The one thing I love about the car is the interior. Electric Recaros! I knew Recaros were rare, so I bet electric ones are even more so! :D

The owner says the previous owner had the charger and pulleys done at 89k, and the car has now done 102k. I don't think he has the receipts to prove it, so I guess I'll have to get the charger redone to R1/full blend spec! :)

I have a few plans for it. I firstly wanna get it all sorted, it needs new discs and pads all round so I will do that and give it a full service. After that, I will get the paint sorted and finally I will sort out some KW coilovers and some new wheels! I have a set of 7x16" Stroseks in my garden, so they might work their way onto it :)

I pick it up tomorrow, but I won't be using it until the shit weather has gone away. Until then I will keep my lovely little Polo GT :) I can't wait to see the neighbours faces! :D

I think thats the longest post I will ever write...sorry! I don't think I'll be able to sleep, I'm just so excited!

Welcome to Corrado ownership! :)

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal there, you're obviously very excited about it! Be sure to put up some pics of it when you pick it up! 8)

Congrats on the G60 purchase mate, sounds a good un'.

And BTW not ALL the Recaro's are electric, there are manual ones as well :wink:

Are they leather or cloth and heated / non-heated ? Cloth ones are rarer than leather as most owners who paid for the cost-option of having them in their Corrado from the factory opted to pay more and get heathed leather ones etc.

Cheers

Welcome to the madness of corrado ownership.

One day you love them, :D the next you hate. But always forgive when you get behind the wheel :onfire:

Nice one mate.

Not a bad price when you consider the seats can sell for up to £800 on their own.

If you want to send the charger off, do a bit of research on here as to where is best to send it. There are some companies with bad reports and some with nothing but good reports, it's always worth doing a bit of homework :D

EDIT-- and yeah, like Dinkus said, what colour/pattern recaro's have you got ?

Nice one ;)

First thing is to get the charger done - I'm sure it's not just me that would recommend Pitstop Developments/ G-Werks for this. This was one of the first things I spunked cash on - good job too, as mine was on its way out (having never been done - at 116k too!!!!)

Wheels - standard should be "15 bbs wheels with 195/50 tyres (from memory) on the G60

:)

The Corrado G60 should be sporting BBS wheels with 195/50/15V tyres btw in response to your question in your first post ;)

Hey Tom, welcome to the corrado forum etc etc.. goodluck with it all.. form what I remeber didnt to once have a silver ibiza on 17" TT comps??

Click to view image

Yeah that was me, I put her back to standard and sold it back to the dealer earlier in the year. I loved that car!

I leave to pick it up in 5 minutes! :D If my newly fixed camera wasn't broken, I'd get some pics of the interior!

Rob, don't get carried away! :-P The Ibiza got sold back to the dealer and I sold my Cordoba track car to one of the briskoda boys.

Right I got it!

All was going really well until I picked it up and drove to the petrol station. I found that the speedo was stuck at 25mph! All the other stuff works fine, but it doesn't show any startup lights? Could it need a new instrument panel? I have no idea what goes wrong on these, so I will have a search and see.

Also, I was going down the road and the exhaust fell off! I pulled in and one of the hangers has broken off the exhaust and luckily the rubber had slipped off the other hanger. I was able to secure it, but it knocks nicely now!

I have a pic, unfortunately none of the interior as my phone doesn't have a flash. It's poor quality, and I blame the crap Nokia 6230i.

I might get myself some (I'm ashamed to say) TSW Hockenheims for it. My best mate has some, VW fit, with new Toyos in his garage. At least it won't be on balloon tyres anymore!

It's a good little car, I'm very impressed so far, but its the little niggles that have ruined the night for me. Still, working in the motor trade means I will be getting the car sorted tomorrow for cheap! :D

Right I'll update you all...

I took the car to work and everything was fine, even the speedo worked! I got it on a ramp to check it over underneath and look at the exhaust.

I found that everything on the car appears to be original, apart from a couple of brake pipes and a pair of ARB links. The wishbones and the rear axle bushes look fucked, so it looks like I'll have to change them soon. Also, I noticed the lower grille was smashed to pieces, so I'll have to replace that too. Finally, I noticed there was oil all over the sump. I cleaned it up and found a nice rusty hole on the side. I rang around and was directed to VW, who quoted £66+VAT for a new sump and gasket. I've looked on GSF and they list it at £25+VAT for all C's with 4 cylinders. The sump gasket is different though. Does that sound right? The speedo cable is back ordered at VW, and its £45+VAT.

I've decided to leave it SORN and fix it up a fair bit before using it again. So when it comes back on the road, it should have a new sump, a rebuilt charger, new pullies, new belts, new brakes and fluid, new plugs, new coolant, etc etc.

The seats? I'll get some pics tomorrow :) I didn't think there'd be so much fuss over some Recaros ;)

Hehe.. welcome to Corrado ownership! Get used to looking at the underside of it and frowning a lot ;)

Wahay hello Tom, hows it going. I am now onto my second Corrado just bought it on saturday and it's great!

Got a 16v as I need to be alittle more sensible now and the G40 was written off by some women so this is the replacement plus I have a bike now to be less sensible on....lol.

Enjoy your corrado they are simply great cars and driving them is awsome.

Paul.B