JMC

JMC's G60

Johnathan - You Can take the feed for the boost Gauge from behind the clocks. i know you like removing them ..:lol:

Thanks Darren - I'd pretty much ruled out going through the fire wall, so the back of the MFA it is then. This only be the 15th ish time the clocks have been out :D so have had a bit of practice. Any news on the re-map yet??

If I can do this Dave, then anyone can!!!

Next job will be polish up a new rocker cover. Ah, the endless joy of Corrado ownership.

Woo hoo, got the boost gauge plumbed in and working. Looks to be pulling just over 11psi so reasonably happy. Used the line coming into the back of the MFA and it was surprisingly easy to do. Next job then - clean the rocker cover...

Gauges - Oil pressure and AFR - are now fitted :D :D Nice blurry night shot...

Also fitted a t-piece in the vac/boost line so the boost gauge and MFA mpg both work properly again.

Some good work there dude, skills! 8)

Cheers mrbeige, always nice to get some good feedback :D :D

Next 2 projects are currently underway. Picked up a second hand G60 rocker cover to polish. Spent a fun evening with Nitromors wiping off the nicely grey hammerite spray painted finish that was on the previously. Since then spent many a happy night with the sandpaper. Nearly ready to start polishing properly soon.

Also bought a Passat W8 light to shoe horn into the space the interior light currently fits. Get the feeling that this is going to be a fun one 8) but should be worth it for the illuminated switches and downlighter...

Fitted the Passat W8 and got it all wired up :D :D It was a bit of a squeeze, and the trim needs tidying up a bit, but I think it was worth it. It has fitted into the original space - just. Plenty of cutting to do it...

Chees g60dave, I'll put something together (a 'how to guide') which will hopefully make it a bit easier for anyone else who wants to try it.

well, just thorght i'd take a peek at your gallery...........an whao!! how have i not seen this before!! loving them wheels, look spot on! 8) the whole car looks very :twisted: , you cant beat a black rado. 8)

Had a toothed belt fitted at G-Werks and a custom live map done. Happy bunny :twisted:

Remap has made the car feel much better throughout the rev range. According to the MFA it's more fuel efficient too. Toothed belt isn't as noisy as I was expecting either, in fact it sounds a bit like an electric motor when the car first starts up. Also ordered a cover for the bottom of the belts, with the aim of making it last longer than a few thousand miles by keeping stones out.

Very noticable difference Darren. Much smoother, and effortless acceleration. My hat goes off to you again....

Oh, and I hope you had a good day at the WTCC courtesy of KW.

Spent a fun morning, taking the old air con system out from under the dash and refitting standard equipment. The air con air box was sooo heavy as it had a heat exchanger in it, and I couldn't believe much room was taken up under the dash by it all. I think thats the last fwe bits of the air con gone now - yay. Took the time to re-grommet a few holes and add a bit of dynamat as well while everything was out.

Finished off and fitted my high level brake light today. Used an Ebay light (about 10 quid I think) and grafted it onto the trim using filler and glue after cutting it down a bit. Then a few coats of primer, plenty of sanding and a few coat of satin black paint and it's finished. Quite chuffed with it really...

....And the mods just keep on coming today. Fitted Lupo wipers, and yes, I can now see why people fit 2 drivers side ones. Still at least they were a good price second hand, and when I can be bothered to buy a second drivers side one I'll have one to do the rear window with :D

They were bought from someone off here about two weeks ago Rado.001 and I 'hope' they're the GTI ones (the part numbers seem to match anyway)... From what I can gather from reading back through the long 'Lupo wiper conversion' thread, this was the original setup.

Decided to make a new gauge pod for the centre console, as the one I had done originally made the gauges sit a bit low. Also wanted to fit a Mk4 Golf cigarette lighter so that I could have one of the Tourag lighter torches (thanks Darren for that). So out came the MDF and vinyl again, and this is what happened....

JMC, some cool lookin mods there mate,might have to kick start some of mine :lol: are you gonna do a how to for fittin the boost gauges aswell,where to connect them etc?