JMC

JMC's G60

JMC, some cool lookin mods there mate,might have to kick start some of mine :lol: are you gonna do a how to for fittin the boost gauges aswell,where to connect them etc?

Thanks g60greeny. The boost gauge was remarkably easy to fit. I used the vacuum line to the back of the MFA and spliced in the T-Piece that came with the gauge. The only other bit needed was to take a feed off the dimmer switch on the light, and that was it.

Couple of small bits added recently - SNS gear knob (slightly more aesthetically pleasing than my old Momo one, although actually not any heavier).

Also fitted DDI blue tint mirrors. Just got these from Anh's latest batch - both sides seem to be convex (passenger side only slightly and the drivers side quite a lot). Should hopefully improve visibility and reduce the infamous blind spot.

Really must get out there and do something major to the car again...

Did you cover your centre consol? looks sweet compared to my grey plastic pap :lol:

Did you cover your centre consol? looks sweet compared to my grey plastic pap :lol:

Thanks Blackg60, took about 4 nights, needle and thread and 1 meter of grey alcantara. Did the gear surround, handbrake tunnel, and recovered my sub box so it would all match. I got bored with the old plastic look too 8)

needle and thread ? ? ? what was that for? I can get this self adhesive nyloon loop stuff in my work thinkin of doin it in that - so do you / would you recomend?

needle and thread ? ? ? what was that for? I can get this self adhesive nyloon loop stuff in my work thinkin of doin it in that - so do you / would you recomend?

To make sure everything sat flat with no wrinkles, I had to make the coverings out of multiple pieces of fabric. So I made paper templates first to make sure everything would fit together right. I then cut out the fabric roughly and tack stitched it together again to make sure it would fit over the trim and sit flat (cutting it all very slightly smaller than needed so the the stretch would make it sit flat). Then stitched it properly, mounted a 2mm thick layer of foam over everything to give it a bit of spring and stuck the fabric covers down.

What's the nylon loop stuff used for - the fixing of the fabric on to the trim?? I've never used that before.

I'm in advertising and I use it on one of the projects I manage called "pinboards" funny but as it sugests bit of pinboard covered in this nylon loop stuff - its like velvet stuff just makes the pinboard look a bit fancier really - bonus its self adhesive on one side and comes in all kind of colours, thanks for all the help/tip's/advise mate I'll be in touch and show you the results

Russ

I'm in advertising and I use it on one of the projects I manage called "pinboards" funny but as it sugests bit of pinboard covered in this nylon loop stuff - its like velvet stuff just makes the pinboard look a bit fancier really - bonus its self adhesive on one side and comes in all kind of colours, thanks for all the help/tip's/advise mate I'll be in touch and show you the results

Russ

That's OK Russ, good luck with it, and post up the results when you're done.

How does that there torch work then 8)

It charges up whilst left in the cigarette lighter, and is very, very bright for such a small torch. Typically though it is made to fit the later style slightly smaller diameter VW cigarette lighters, hence I needed to it a Mk4 Golf one.

Started fitting my DDI sills today. Nice quality brushed aluminium finish, but atrocious adhesive. Had to strip the adhesive off with white spirit before attaching using double sided trim tape.

do those mo's clear the arches front and back fine? i take it they are 16" 7.5" et35's? did you have to raise the ride height or fit stops at all?

do those mo's clear the arches front and back fine? i take it they are 16" 7.5" et35's? did you have to raise the ride height or fit stops at all?

_leon_, They're 7.5" 16" ET30 (wanted to give it a bit wider stance, without using spacers). I've never had any problems with clearance or scraping from them and I'm running with a 40mm drop. Hope that helps.... :D

Jonathan is that script on the wing mirror permantely etched on?

loving the look of the car - those rims look great - like http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?p=567565

Had a look at the mirrors and script looks pretty permanent. They're DDI ones though so if you're interested, have a word with Anh and see if he can make you a set without the etching....

Fitted my SWG scuttle cover today. Experienced the same issues as a lot of the other folks have - needed to enlarge one of the windscreen wipe holes, and grind away some of the bracket holding the wiper motor before I could get it to lie flat(ish). Previous owner has used mastic AND the clips when he replaced the windscreen the last time, so it was a fight geting the old 3 piece one off. Looks good though - miles better than it did.

After another fun trip down to G-Werks (always a pleasure, and good to see their new premises) had some KW Variant 1's fitted giving my G60 a suitably lower stance. What a difference they make ove the old setup I had - much smoother ride and then good and firm when needed. Anyway, less chat, more picture. Had the wheel off today to get a good shot of them...

Cheers Bally, the KW's have made such a massive improvement to the handling.

Also modified the passenger wheels arch plastic cover to allow an air flow over my oil cooler. Worked well on the motorway today, seemed to bring the temperature down a lot quicker when on the move.

Want to rig up a fan though so I get some air flow when stationary, as the roadworks on the M25 and M1 were a right pain this afternoon. Anybody done anything similar with their oil cooler???

Jon afaik its been discussed about getting a fan there - relatively recently too - have a search you should find the thread

looks good, nice work 8) any pics of it lowered?

Will do rolex, but waiting for a bit of nice weather so I can clean it first. Bit grubby at the moment :oops:

Jon afaik its been discussed about getting a fan there - relatively recently too - have a search you should find the thread

Cheers _leon_, had a quick look and there is something about it (looks like I even asked about it before, doh). Time to order some more bits I think :D